Running

That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I've never been a runner in my life until about a year ago. I got a wild hair and decided to start running. I downloaded the couch to 5k app and had finally got to where I was able to run the entire distance and injured my knee 9 days before my first 5k race. Thanks to physical therapy and kinetic tape I was able to finish it although I had to walk about half of it. I've been struggling ever since to get back to where I was before my injury and a lot of shit has popped up to impede my progress, illness, shitty weather, a new job with a crazy schedule but finally a couple of weeks ago, I broke through the wall and I am finally making progress, slowly but surely. My goal is to run a 5k without stopping to catch my breath or walk. I read a little trick to help with breathing, listen to military running cadences. I downloaded some military running cadences on Pandora and I swear that's what helped me break through the wall and finally start to build up endurance. There's a 5k next Saturday and I really want to do it because it's a flat course. I think I can do it but I am waiting until the middle of next week before I decide to sign up. I want to see how I feel and see what the weather will be.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

Well good for you!! I hate running lol plus..I pee when I do... LOL Thanks, kids!
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have the same goal...three miles without stopping!
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I just started jogging and I jog a mile up and down a mountain. I'll be the first to admit I'd never make it in a 5k.
i want candy!
J&M Mom
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Did you do it? How did it go?
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

J&M Mom wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:37 am Did you do it? How did it go?
No I didn't do it. I wasn't ready.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I really need to try this. Even in college it was hard for me to make 3 miles and I ran with a friend every morning. The breathing was the hardest part. Thanks for the tip!
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:42 pm I really need to try this. Even in college it was hard for me to make 3 miles and I ran with a friend every morning. The breathing was the hardest part. Thanks for the tip!
I just got home from a week in Mexico and all you can eat buffets and unlimited alcohol. Running tomorrow is going to SUCK!!!!
AubreeGrace17
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I hope you can do a 5k soon. You've got this!
Locked Previous topicNext topic