Weekly meal prep!!

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It was a sad meal week last week, our arteries (and my budget, lol) were exposed to like 4 nights of take out!! Way too much, so I spent a big chunk of yesterday, meal prepping, so hopefully I will feel guilty not using the food I prepped, lol and we will eat at least a bit healthier!

Yesterday was oven baked ribs
Tonight chicken Caesar salad, with homemade dressing & croutons. The chicken is flattened and marinating. Dressing is made
Tuesday is shrimp Alfredo with steamed broccoli, made the bechamel sauce & chopped all my garlic, just gotta warm it up, add a touch of cream & frozen shrimp.
Wednesday is egg & black bean seasoned with chorizo soft tacos. Cooked my onion, peppers & chorizo.
Thursday is just brunch as we will likely be out & about for the 4th, so I will be making a quiche with a side salad, pie crust prepared & cheese shredded.
Friday is Mediterranean turkey patties, onions & spices all pureed, just ready for the ground turkey when I de-thaw it; carrots all chopped for the side dish.
Saturday, sweet & sour pork chops, frozen in the homemade pineapple marinade, so my DH can dump it in the slow cooker while I'm at work.
AND Sunday, Meatloaf, all mixed and formed, put in the freezer, ready for the oven when we are! I will still have to cut potatoes for a side.

Whew, I am ready for the week!

Anybody else???
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wanna be like you when I grow up.
Meal prep for me is making sure we have a variety of take out menus.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:50 am I wanna be like you when I grow up.
Meal prep for me is making sure we have a variety of take out menus.
lol, girl, I totally understand, trust me!
Deleted User 172

Unread post

I don't meal prep. I do meal plan though.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Nope.....We had lunch/dinner at restaurants for the last 5 days. Im determined to grill at home tonight, now I just have to figure out what to take out of the freezer.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:00 am I don't meal prep. I do meal plan though.
I always meal plan too, BUT last week, idk what my lazy ass' problem was, I just was like "ehh, I don't feel like cooking" and we ordered out A LOT. This helps me when my laziness starts seeping out, lol!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:03 am Nope.....We had lunch/dinner at restaurants for the last 5 days. Im determined to grill at home tonight, now I just have to figure out what to take out of the freezer.
I feel you, it's so easy to just order online these days, vs. standing of the grill or in the kitchen!
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We have been running around like crazy since school let out for the summer. We only have a few things to do today then Im not leaving the house until Friday except for the 4th, we are going to a BBQ and watch bfireworks.
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:07 am
Sassy762 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:03 am Nope.....We had lunch/dinner at restaurants for the last 5 days. Im determined to grill at home tonight, now I just have to figure out what to take out of the freezer.
I feel you, it's so easy to just order online these days, vs. standing of the grill or in the kitchen!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Enjoy more down time! What did you pull out of the freezer?
Sassy762 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:14 am We have been running around like crazy since school let out for the summer. We only have a few things to do today then Im not leaving the house until Friday except for the 4th, we are going to a BBQ and watch bfireworks.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Steak but thats all I can figure out to grill. I'll probably go to the farmers markert to get some fruit and veggies.
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:44 am Enjoy more down time! What did you pull out of the freezer?
Sassy762 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:14 am We have been running around like crazy since school let out for the summer. We only have a few things to do today then Im not leaving the house until Friday except for the 4th, we are going to a BBQ and watch bfireworks.

Locked Previous topicNext topic