Meal planning

Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:46 pm
Spookly wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:43 pm I do it to a point. I've tried it many times but always end up messing it up because of cravings for different stuff that day.

Right now, our meal plan is as follows:

Mexican Monday
Taco Tuesday
Whatever Wednesday
Turkey/chicken Thursday
f**k it Friday
Sandwich Saturday
Suck it Sunday.
Lol. I want to come over on Friday and Sunday!
Always room at our incredibly tiny table! Vegetarian options too LOL.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:46 pm
Spookly wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:43 pm I do it to a point. I've tried it many times but always end up messing it up because of cravings for different stuff that day.

Right now, our meal plan is as follows:

Mexican Monday
Taco Tuesday
Whatever Wednesday
Turkey/chicken Thursday
f**k it Friday
Sandwich Saturday
Suck it Sunday.
Lol. I want to come over on Friday and Sunday!
I literally laughed out loud at this!
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I plan lunches and dinners almost every day. There are days I have to change plans due to so many leftovers in the house and I need them eaten so I will tell everyone that it is leftovers day instead of me cooking.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:01 am I plan lunches and dinners almost every day. There are days I have to change plans due to so many leftovers in the house and I need them eaten so I will tell everyone that it is leftovers day instead of me cooking.
I have days where I replay just because we have so many activities that what I did plan I won't have time to cook.
i want candy!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I meal plan most of the time, about a week or two at a time. But I end up changing it here or there.

I like to try new recipes all the time, lol, so I am not sure it saves me money.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:16 am I meal plan most of the time, about a week or two at a time. But I end up changing it here or there.

I like to try new recipes all the time, lol, so I am not sure it saves me money.
I like trying new things. My kids are so stinkin picky though!
i want candy!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:18 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:16 am I meal plan most of the time, about a week or two at a time. But I end up changing it here or there.

I like trying new things. My kids are so stinkin picky though!
I am sorry. I feel sorry for mamas who do most the cooking who have picky families, especially DHs. That would be annoying!

My DH is a saint and will eat anything. My DSs are really good sports as well. Now my DD, ugh, she has the worst diet ever. She tries 3 bites, and that’s that. I never battled the boys about food and they just sort of cake around to being more willing to eat everything. DD not so much...
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I plan dinner and my children's lunches. I sit down on a Thursday with the activity schedule and the flyers and plan out the meals for the week. Usually I like to get something new in there. My family is good sports about trying new things (except DH and DS with vegetables) so it is easy. I have a list of recipes that they love and am always adding to it.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I try, but it doesn't always work. Meal planning here depends on the end of our work and school days to end on time.
LostTheSlipper
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I used to do meal planning for a week based on sales, and shop accordingly. Now I just buy a bunch of stuff I determine I'll use that week and come up with meals that day or maybe a day or two in advance and go from there. I could never do a month in advance. Yikes!
Locked Previous topicNext topic