Intermittent Fasting

That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I just completed my second week of Intermittent Fasting doing 16:8 mostly. I lost 2 pounds last week and 1.2 pounds this week. That added to the weight loss I had in December puts me at 10 pounds lost! I'm really liking this program. The first week was rough but I am feeling better now that I'm adjusting to it.
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

What exactly are you doing? I ask because intermittent fasting can be different for different people.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Any fasting long term is not a good idea. Moderating your actual diet is the best tactic.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It is a good program. I have used it a few times.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:56 am Any fasting long term is not a good idea. Moderating your actual diet is the best tactic.
Moderation is always the best tactic not to get in the situation of needing a diet in the first place for sure. Somehow that doesn't seem to work for me.

I am not sure exactly how the OP is doing it, but the concept is that intermittent fasting is used with a sensible diet program, but it works best with a low carb diet. With intermittent fasting, the body is not being starved to lose weight, the 24 hour fast period allows the body to process fats more efficiently after the 24 hour period. The fast days themselves need to be spread out to prevent starving the body.

Diets are very personal things and there are many out there; not all of them good. Usually I am only 10 to the most 20 lbs over anyway, so a month or so usually works for me.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Midnight_Storm wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:54 am What exactly are you doing? I ask because intermittent fasting can be different for different people.
I'm fasting 16 hours a day and eating during an 8 hour window. Basically I skip breakfast and work out at the end of my fasting time.
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MeAF wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:18 am
Midnight_Storm wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:54 am What exactly are you doing? I ask because intermittent fasting can be different for different people.
I'm fasting 16 hours a day and eating during an 8 hour window. Basically I skip breakfast and work out at the end of my fasting time.
That’s not too bad. I recently read Jillian Michaels does something similarly. I think she’s doing 10 hrs? My aunt does what she refers to as intermittent fasting but it’s more like a 3 day fasting, 11 days off, and 3 days prepping for the fast.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That's an idea. How often do you do this? And what do you eat during your 8-hour window?
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Midnight_Storm wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:38 pm
That’s not too bad. I recently read Jillian Michaels does something similarly. I think she’s doing 10 hrs? My aunt does what she refers to as intermittent fasting but it’s more like a 3 day fasting, 11 days off, and 3 days prepping for the fast.
I belong to an IF for women group on Facebook but I don't go there very often because some of those women are really extreme. Like fasting for days and then only eating one small meal and then fasting for days again. Some of them lose their shit if they accidentally break their fast 30 seconds early and I am not exaggerating. I get anxious reading some of the posts because I can forsee a lot of potential eating disorders. I'm very careful to listen to my body and if I start to feel like I need to eat, I stop and think if I'm actually hungry or just eating from boredom. I'm more aware now of true hunger and able to avoid eating just because I can. If I am truly hungry, I eat. I don't starve myself.
Locked Previous topicNext topic