Instant Pot

Luvnlogic
Commoner
Commoner

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:01 pm
Xena 20 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 7:54 am Be careful with the instapot, please check , they've recently recalled certain codes #, because of fires.
Most I believe we're sold at Walmart.
The recall affects the oval ones, I believe. The round ones are ok.
Whew! That’s a relief. Mine is round and it was a gift so I don’t know where they got it from.
Luvnlogic
Commoner
Commoner

Unread post

TheMomster wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:58 am I have used mine for Beef Stroganoff, I love that you can brown and then cook it right in there. It also works wonderfully for shredding chicken. I didn't have much luck using breast (they came out rubbery) but I use boneless thighs and cook for 14 mins. I then use the shredded chicken for a multitude of things and even freeze it so I have on hand in a pinch. DS loves buffalo chicken dip, so that is what I use if for most often. I have also made mac and cheese in there that came out decent. I love that most recipes are a one pot deal.
I’d love to get an easy Mac n cheese recipe. I use the Cracker Barrel boxed kind right now because...well, it’s quick and easy. But my fam could easily eat 2 boxes which ends up costing $10 so I think I could make it from scratch for less using fresh ingredients that don’t faintly taste of cardboard and preservatives. 😉
Luvnlogic
Commoner
Commoner

Unread post

I made an Asian spiced pulled pork last night. Maybe I could’ve left it in longer because it didn’t shred as easily as it does in my slow cooker. But it was done in less than an hour and a half where my slow cooker takes at least 4. But all in all, a good test run. I did the “boil water” test first and got a little jumpy over the release valve, but I think I’ll get over that. I hope!!
Erna
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Luvnlogic wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:14 am
Erna wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:46 am My family loves Crack chicken and it's really easy. I throw some frozen chicken breasts in the pot, put an 8 oz package of cream cheese on the chicken and a packet of ranch dressing mix on top of that. Then I just close it, set it for 20/25 minutes. QR take the chicken out, shred it and put it back in. Add about a cup of shredded cheddar, mix and serve over rice or in a sandwich.
Ooh, thanks! That sounds yummy!
I was skeptical when I tried it, but my whole family LOVES it!
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

How do you do this in a Instant Pot? Do you not need liquid for it to come to pressure?
Erna wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:46 am My family loves Crack chicken and it's really easy. I throw some frozen chicken breasts in the pot, put an 8 oz package of cream cheese on the chicken and a packet of ranch dressing mix on top of that. Then I just close it, set it for 20/25 minutes. QR take the chicken out, shred it and put it back in. Add about a cup of shredded cheddar, mix and serve over rice or in a sandwich.
Erna
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:04 pm How do you do this in a Instant Pot? Do you not need liquid for it to come to pressure?
If the chicken is still frozen, then, no, you don't need any water. If they are thawed, then you add 1/2 cup of water. It comes out perfect.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have done a
Faux rotisserie chicken

Butter Chicken

Beef Stroganoff

Chicken Pho

Ribs

Risotto
Reedusstalker