They make it so difficult!

Kookookrazy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Kids dad quit his job recently and so im out ALOT of money. I went to the foodstamps office to report the change in circumstances and they said nope I need proof he's not working by the courts.

They have everyone's info! They know exactly how much child support you get and when they have an automated system...

So they tell me to go to the courts and get a letter saying I'm no longer receiving child support becauae as long as there is a current order they won't remove it from the budget... But that doesn't make sense because there will always be an order for support it doesnt mean the dad is paying it!

Court told me to go to child support enforcement... Enforcement told me they can only give me a record of payments which the food stamp office says is not enough proof that I'm no longer getting child support they need a letter saying I'm not getting child support but no one will provide me a letter!

This is nuts though... They automatically count child support as your income even if the father isn't working! Than make you jump through hoops to have it removed now I'm omw to Manhattan to see if I can get a letter and if I'm turned away IDK what I can do
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Yes, it's almost as if they really don't want you to have any assistance, isn't it. I hope you get it figured out soon. Take your complaint up to the supervisor level at the welfare office. Hopefully you can break through this nonsense.
GUESTS 222

Unread post

How can you afford to go to Six Flags in New Jersey but not be able to afford food? I think your priorities are skewered
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Talk to a supervisor
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Good luck.

Unread post

GUESTS 222 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:28 pm How can you afford to go to Six Flags in New Jersey but not be able to afford food? I think your priorities are skewered
IDK about this OP but I recently found out that every major museum in my city gives at least 6 free tickets per day to people who get food stamps, TANF, or WIC. Tickets are normally $15- $60, depending on the museum.

Six per day. Holy wow.
RedBottoms

Unread post

I feel you. My friend is in the same boat. She has to report her income with the child support to receive assistance or for taxes etc but they don't ask "Do you actually GET the child support?" She hardly ever actually gets it.

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:41 pm
GUESTS 222 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:28 pm How can you afford to go to Six Flags in New Jersey but not be able to afford food? I think your priorities are skewered
IDK about this OP but I recently found out that every major museum in my city gives at least 6 free tickets per day to people who get food stamps, TANF, or WIC. Tickets are normally $15- $60, depending on the museum.

Six per day. Holy wow.
Six Flags doesnt fo that
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:53 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:41 pm

Six per day. Holy wow.
Six Flags doesnt fo that
Maybe they got season passes as a gift. Their season passes are really cheap so she may have even bought them around tax time or as a Christmas gift.
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Where in the post did it mention Six Flags?
Locked Previous topicNext topic