The weird thing I like to do

Reedusstalker

Unread post

I like to go through and read obits online. I know it's weird but it's something I have always done.

Do you have a weird thing you like to do?

Unread post

I read obits too.

I love to explore cemeteries and old buildings/houses.
...MyLove...

Unread post

I like to read/hear stories from witnesses of death and learn the words/read quotes of people just before dying.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

Guest wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:25 am I read obits too.

I love to explore cemeteries and old buildings/houses.
I LOVE those too. There is something so peaceful and calming about cemeteries.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

...MyLove... wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:29 am I like to read stories from witnesses of death and learn the words/read quotes of people just before dying.
I will never forget the last thing my mom said to me before she died. I had been her caregiver for her last 7 weeks. She was bedridden. Every morning I came into the house and said, " Do you know who's with you today?" She died on a Tuesday but stopped walking on Thursday. So that morning I came in and said " Good morning, do you know who's with you today." She had her eyes closed but nodded. I said, " Who?" She said " God."
...MyLove...

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:33 am
...MyLove... wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:29 am I like to read stories from witnesses of death and learn the words/read quotes of people just before dying.
I will never forget the last thing my mom said to me before she died. I had been her caregiver for her last 7 weeks. She was bedridden. Every morning I came into the house and said, " Do you know who's with you today?" She died on a Tuesday but stopped walking on Thursday. So that morning I came in and said " Good morning, do you know who's with you today." She had her eyes closed but nodded. I said, " Who?" She said " God."
Reading that made my eyes tear up. So sweet and so beautiful.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:19 am I like to go through and read obits online. I know it's weird but it's something I have always done.

Do you have a weird thing you like to do?
I google people's names I know for dirt.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Whenever a crime happens in Detroit mostly I map it to see how close it is to my house. It's some weird OCD thing that I just can't seem to stop doing, lol.

Also at work I always check the death certificates to see the cause of death. I'm terribly nosy in general, lol.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

...MyLove... wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:58 am
I struggled because she kind of forgot who I was and called me mom. I cried a lot about it. The wednesday before she stopped talking, I walked in and asked my morning question. She opened her eyes, reached up and cupped my cheek and looked straight into my eyes. She said " I am so proud of you. I love you so much." And that was the last time she was able to move her arms and hands. She truly gave me a gift with that.
...MyLove...

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:37 am
...MyLove... wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:58 am

I struggled because she kind of forgot who I was and called me mom. I cried a lot about it. The wednesday before she stopped talking, I walked in and asked my morning question. She opened her eyes, reached up and cupped my cheek and looked straight into my eyes. She said " I am so proud of you. I love you so much." And that was the last time she was able to move her arms and hands. She truly gave me a gift with that.
I'm so very sorry for the sadness you must have felt during that stuggle and your great loss of losing both of your parents.

My grandma at the hospital, after surviving a heart attack on the operating table, briefly forgot who my mom was, but remembered who everyone else was. She kept looking at her and finally said to her, "Hello there, and what's your name?" It was a sad moment for all of us and I could tell it hurt my mom a lot. They are very close.

It sounds like you were one of her most treasured gifts on Earth and she deeply appreciated everything you did for her. I would be proud of you too. I'm thankful you both had each other.
Locked Previous topicNext topic