So, is there a way to...

LostTheSlipper
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

make it so I get notifications when someone replies to my replies? I went through the control panel and didn't see any option for that that looked right. I only get notifications when something is liked. Is there a way to change this?
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Hi, go to user control panel, select the Board Preferences tab and then the Edit Notifications Options one. Check the “someone quotes you in a post” box. 🙂
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If you do what lunarprancer said and it’s still not working, can you please let me know? Some people have had issues with notifications not working properly.
LostTheSlipper wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:19 pm make it so I get notifications when someone replies to my replies? I went through the control panel and didn't see any option for that that looked right. I only get notifications when something is liked. Is there a way to change this?
🤓The Admin 🤓
LostTheSlipper
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lunarprancer wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:27 pm Hi, go to user control panel, select the Board Preferences tab and then the Edit Notifications Options one. Check the “someone quotes you in a post” box. 🙂
Thanks. Stupid me, I saw the options along the top of that page, but not the ones along the side.
LostTheSlipper
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

12skipafew wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:02 pm If you do what lunarprancer said and it’s still not working, can you please let me know? Some people have had issues with notifications not working properly.
LostTheSlipper wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:19 pm make it so I get notifications when someone replies to my replies? I went through the control panel and didn't see any option for that that looked right. I only get notifications when something is liked. Is there a way to change this?
The option was already checked, and strangely enough when you replied to me in this thread I got the notification that you quoted me, but it typically doesn't work on regular threads. I'll keep an eye on it for a few days and then let you know.
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ok, thanks. Hopefully it will work ok for you from now on.
LostTheSlipper wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:02 pm
12skipafew wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:02 pm If you do what lunarprancer said and it’s still not working, can you please let me know? Some people have had issues with notifications not working properly.
The option was already checked, and strangely enough when you replied to me in this thread I got the notification that you quoted me, but it typically doesn't work on regular threads. I'll keep an eye on it for a few days and then let you know.
🤓The Admin 🤓
LostTheSlipper
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So yeah, it's been a long while. ...A month actually. This definitely does NOT work for me. I get notifications on this whole point system. Notifications on likes. But no notifications when someone directly quotes and replies, or posts in a thread I've started.
Locked Previous topicNext topic