Couch shopping help please

MissFoxyMulder
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Do you have an Ashley’s near you? They have nice furniture. I just bought a whole living room set from there a few weeks ago.
Mama0212
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Personally I love Ikea. I have the same couch in 2 different colors.
One in white was only $399 (grey one was $499) and the covers are washable or you can just buy a new set for around 100. So if you want to change up the color you don't have to buy a whole new set, just new covers.

I did see a sectional I loved at Costco. I don't know how good their quality is, but I'm sure it's not bad.
CafemomAnon
Countess
Countess

Unread post

If I didn't have awesome leather furniture from Haverty's, I'd probably get the cheap stuff from Ikea because they have those cute little sofas that are slipcovered and I love the idea of being able to throw the whole cover into the wash. It drives me crazy to be able to clean the cushion covers but not the backs ( if they're attached) or the arms.
CreamTop
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

CMrefugee wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:03 pm Big Lots. Awesome prices for brand name couches.
I second this. They have a nice layaway plan, and deliver for $50.
i rise.....
StPauliGirl
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

If you lived in MN, I'd tell you to go to Dock 86. We got a great deal on our couches there.

I've had mixed success with Ikea furniture. Advantage would be you can usually wash the slip covers/buy multiple covers.
StPauliGirl
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

CreamTop wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:49 pm
CMrefugee wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:03 pm Big Lots. Awesome prices for brand name couches.
I was thinking of suggesting Big Lots, but I haven't shopped there in over 10 years....
CreamTop
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

StPauliGirl wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:19 am
CreamTop wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:49 pm
Yeah, it wasn’t my first go to either. But I like to sit on the couches I buy, and take a look from every angle, lol. I happened to be in there for something else, and found what I needed for a good price.

I was thinking of suggesting Big Lots, but I haven't shopped there in over 10 years....
i rise.....
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:58 pm
Mrs.ChuckBass wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:36 pm
bmw29 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:52 am

I've never heard of that store but I like your technique.

their stuff is pretty much MCM style, you should google it, it may just be a Canadian thing though

did you find something you liked btw?
No! Not yet. I'm still looking but I'm getting annoyed. LOL Nobody ever sits in there so I'm going to take my time so I don't end up with yet another couch I absolutely hate.
honestly I have been through a few couches/ sectionals in the last few years, the stuff from the big box stores like the brick or Ashely furniture (I don't know what the American ones are) have just the cheapest shit furniture!
I mean It LOOKS good, but the quality is crap, just garbage!

I had an older leather set that had been custom made, it was built properly, but I left it to my son and like you, wasn't about to buy something I didn't love, or something with cushions that could be used for a pillow fight, I wanted structure, well built, and not to pay an arm and a leg, so I actually got this one for the family room, and I love it, the cushions are kind of overstuffed, and clip onto the couch, and the sides and back cushions don't freakin move - perfect lol

https://www.urbanbarn.com/product/prado ... e=&from=fn
AnnOhn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Our couch is from Costco. It was cheap and well made.

When we were couch shopping, I found a lot of the couches I like in furniture stores for half the price online.
Locked Previous topicNext topic