Couch shopping help please

anonforever
Regent
Regent

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:30 pm
anonforever wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:21 pm
bmw29 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:14 pm

My son cut the spring off with wire cutters, stuffed the foam back in and flipped the cushion. Dh came home and said well it looks fine now. Haha No!
Lol I just about put my eye out trying to fix the spring with a zip tie. It was 4am and I just was not in the mood to deal with it. But it was jabbing me through the cushion. I went to put the zip tie on and the spring had caught in the fabric when I leaned in to slip it over the spring it snapped back and hit me right between the eyes. My hubby was like well that was stupid... spring with tension you might want safety glasses... I said no I need the man of the house to stop being lazy and get up and fix it lol. And he did lol.
Haha I was glad ds stepped up and cut the spring off for me because I didn't even think of that. Dh was just like that sucks and then walked off.
lol.. men.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

We replaced our sectional with two recliner couches from Rooms To Go. Hubs, me and the kid all have bad knees. So it's nice to be able to sit with our knees out.
eyes4ears
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I really think you should try the neighbors store. Discounts are great. And it never hurts to make goid will with the neighbors, especially ones rgat own a furniture store.
Betty
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Craigslist but I'm a gangster.
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I walked into an Urban Barn with swagger, and asked "got any floor models on clearance?" and walked away with a gorgeous couch they had accidentally double ordered, 50% off.
it was a $1600 couch, got it for $800, the cushions latch onto the couches they don't move, its big and comfy and modern....love it
Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Well, I'm poor as shit so my first place would be the resale shop.
You can also look on facebook marketplace. But try to get the really rich nice areas that are nearby, sometimes they give away nice looking couches for free ;D

If you're looking to buy, I donno what kind of shops you got around you. We have a nebraska furniture mart here and that's what I'd suggest. Or big lots, those are always nice and comfy <3
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:32 pm We replaced our sectional with two recliner couches from Rooms To Go. Hubs, me and the kid all have bad knees. So it's nice to be able to sit with our knees out.
My in-laws got a really expensive recliner couch and the thing would just randomly release the foot rests. I got banged in the shin enough that I just don't trust those now. LOL
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

eyes4ears wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:47 pm I really think you should try the neighbors store. Discounts are great. And it never hurts to make goid will with the neighbors, especially ones rgat own a furniture store.
We get along with the neighbors pretty well. I've returned their horses when they escaped. It also helps that they're directly next door to my in-laws so my husband grew up with their kids.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Betty wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:55 pm Craigslist but I'm a gangster.
You definitely are. Craigslist scares me. LOL
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mrs.ChuckBass wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 12:19 am I walked into an Urban Barn with swagger, and asked "got any floor models on clearance?" and walked away with a gorgeous couch they had accidentally double ordered, 50% off.
it was a $1600 couch, got it for $800, the cushions latch onto the couches they don't move, its big and comfy and modern....love it
I've never heard of that store but I like your technique.
Locked Previous topicNext topic