Couch shopping help please

T3hSarah
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

I understand the hesitancy of shopping online for purchases like this. I have yet to be disappointed with any purchases from wayfair. Just read the reviews the good and the bad before making a choice. I hate buying something online that doesn't have any reviews.
bmw29 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:01 am
T3hSarah wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:39 am Have you tried wayfair.com? I love that website. Just filter out to the type of couch you are looking for and then sort by price low to high. I have a coupon code for $20 off $50 if you need it.
I'm a little afraid of buying something like that online. I buy everything online it seems but how would you know how comfortable it actually is? I will probably still look though. This is probably going to take me forever because I'm super indecisive about things like this. LOL

Thank you for the coupon offer. That's incredibly sweet.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Foxilady wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:20 am We have a sactional and a few lovsacs. The sactional is able to form different seating arrangements and/or chairs.
I love that the fabric can be changed and machine washed.
Before we move I’m purchasing another fabric so I’ll be able to change up the couch seasonally.
That sounds really cool. My house was built in 1900 though so my living room is really weird. I don't know if something like that would even fit.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

T3hSarah wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:56 am I understand the hesitancy of shopping online for purchases like this. I have yet to be disappointed with any purchases from wayfair. Just read the reviews the good and the bad before making a choice. I hate buying something online that doesn't have any reviews.
bmw29 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:01 am
T3hSarah wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:39 am Have you tried wayfair.com? I love that website. Just filter out to the type of couch you are looking for and then sort by price low to high. I have a coupon code for $20 off $50 if you need it.
I'm a little afraid of buying something like that online. I buy everything online it seems but how would you know how comfortable it actually is? I will probably still look though. This is probably going to take me forever because I'm super indecisive about things like this. LOL

Thank you for the coupon offer. That's incredibly sweet.
I'll definitely check there if nothing local pans out. Thank you.
Foxilady
Peasant
Peasant

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:24 am
Foxilady wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:20 am We have a sactional and a few lovsacs. The sactional is able to form different seating arrangements and/or chairs.
I love that the fabric can be changed and machine washed.
Before we move I’m purchasing another fabric so I’ll be able to change up the couch seasonally.

That sounds really cool. My house was built in 1900 though so my living room is really weird. I don't know if something like that would even fit.
That’s one of the reasons we purchased the sactional. You can create the setup that fits in your particular space. They are pricy though.... Costco had them much cheaper.
anonforever
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We bought our sectional about a year after we moved in here so have had it four years now we got it from big lots on one of their 20% off weekends we paid like $550 for it. It held up to triplets for about three years before it broke down and now I hate the damn thing. But we just don't want to buy anything expensive until they can stop acting like animals.. So when they move out lol... So if you have kids that well are kids be prepared to replace it every 3 years or so. But at the cost its doable. I liked the couch until it started breaking down now its just uncomfortable as hell and we would rather sit on the floor lol.
bmw29 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:48 pm
CMrefugee wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:03 pm Big Lots. Awesome prices for brand name couches.
I'm actually considering Big Lots. We also have a similar store next door to them called Rose's so I may check out both of those places.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

anonforever wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:53 pm We bought our sectional about a year after we moved in here so have had it four years now we got it from big lots on one of their 20% off weekends we paid like $550 for it. It held up to triplets for about three years before it broke down and now I hate the damn thing. But we just don't want to buy anything expensive until they can stop acting like animals.. So when they move out lol... So if you have kids that well are kids be prepared to replace it every 3 years or so. But at the cost its doable. I liked the couch until it started breaking down now its just uncomfortable as hell and we would rather sit on the floor lol.
CMrefugee wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:03 pm Big Lots. Awesome prices for brand name couches.
I'm actually considering Big Lots. We also have a similar store next door to them called Rose's so I may check out both of those places.
My only one is 17 but he's still crazy as hell. LOL Plus the couch digging dog and I definitely don't think anything will last long around here.
anonforever
Regent
Regent

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:03 pm
anonforever wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:53 pm We bought our sectional about a year after we moved in here so have had it four years now we got it from big lots on one of their 20% off weekends we paid like $550 for it. It held up to triplets for about three years before it broke down and now I hate the damn thing. But we just don't want to buy anything expensive until they can stop acting like animals.. So when they move out lol... So if you have kids that well are kids be prepared to replace it every 3 years or so. But at the cost its doable. I liked the couch until it started breaking down now its just uncomfortable as hell and we would rather sit on the floor lol.

My only one is 17 but he's still crazy as hell. LOL Plus the couch digging dog and I definitely don't think anything will last long around here.
Totaly understand I've been trying to convince my hubby to buy a new one for the next few years we both hate the damn thing its gotten to the point its painful to sit on. One of the springs busted not to long ago and we fixed it with zip ties and duck tape lmao. He will cave eventually and realize that its best just to replace it every 4 years or so. I understand him wanting a nice couch but it won't stay nice lol... Granted they don't jump on it like they did when they were toddlers but still I have been trying to convince him for months. He wants a 3k dollar couch with reclining seats. Yeah, and the first time a kid sat on it he would lose it.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

anonforever wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:12 pm

Totaly understand I've been trying to convince my hubby to buy a new one for the next few years we both hate the damn thing its gotten to the point its painful to sit on. One of the springs busted not to long ago and we fixed it with zip ties and duck tape lmao. He will cave eventually and realize that its best just to replace it every 4 years or so. I understand him wanting a nice couch but it won't stay nice lol... Granted they don't jump on it like they did when they were toddlers but still I have been trying to convince him for months. He wants a 3k dollar couch with reclining seats. Yeah, and the first time a kid sat on it he would lose it.
My son cut the spring off with wire cutters, stuffed the foam back in and flipped the cushion. Dh came home and said well it looks fine now. Haha No!
anonforever
Regent
Regent

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:14 pm

My son cut the spring off with wire cutters, stuffed the foam back in and flipped the cushion. Dh came home and said well it looks fine now. Haha No!
Lol I just about put my eye out trying to fix the spring with a zip tie. It was 4am and I just was not in the mood to deal with it. But it was jabbing me through the cushion. I went to put the zip tie on and the spring had caught in the fabric when I leaned in to slip it over the spring it snapped back and hit me right between the eyes. My hubby was like well that was stupid... spring with tension you might want safety glasses... I said no I need the man of the house to stop being lazy and get up and fix it lol. And he did lol.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

anonforever wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:21 pm
bmw29 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:14 pm

Lol I just about put my eye out trying to fix the spring with a zip tie. It was 4am and I just was not in the mood to deal with it. But it was jabbing me through the cushion. I went to put the zip tie on and the spring had caught in the fabric when I leaned in to slip it over the spring it snapped back and hit me right between the eyes. My hubby was like well that was stupid... spring with tension you might want safety glasses... I said no I need the man of the house to stop being lazy and get up and fix it lol. And he did lol.
Haha I was glad ds stepped up and cut the spring off for me because I didn't even think of that. Dh was just like that sucks and then walked off.
Locked Previous topicNext topic