Couch shopping help please

bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So my elderly dog destroyed my couch at 3am yesterday morning. Technically just one seat cushion but one of the springs was out of it so I have to go couch shopping. I HATE shopping. I really don't want to spend a lot of money on a couch. Seriously, as little as possible.

I wasn't planning on getting anything new until he isn't with us anymore but that obviously isn't going to work. So where do y'all suggest I start? I browsed online some yesterday but didn't really see anything I liked. Ikea couches were definitely not to my taste and the furniture store our neighbors own all looks like old people furniture. My current couch is old people furniture so I definitely don't want that again.
admin
The Law
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I have an IKEA couch, so I'm not much help here (and just like I predicted my kids have been ruining the fabric, so I need to actually swap covers at some point).
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."
Reedusstalker

Unread post

We need a new couch so bad but I am waiting until my bloodhound is done chewing. She will be 3 in Oct
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

admin wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:31 am I have an IKEA couch, so I'm not much help here (and just like I predicted my kids have been ruining the fabric, so I need to actually swap covers at some point).
That is one plus side of the ikea couches. They just all seem to be a little pricey for what they are. Maybe I need to actually go into ikea and look at them instead of browsing online. I've only been once and I thought I was going to get lost. LOL

FYI I didn't get a notification for this. You probably already have that on your list for things to work on but I figured I would let you know just in case you weren't aware.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:36 am We need a new couch so bad but I am waiting until my bloodhound is done chewing. She will be 3 in Oct
If there wasn't a huge spring sticking out I would wait too. LOL I really haven't seen anything I love and most of what I actually like is over $1,000. I'm not paying that when there's still a chance he could destroy it too.
admin
The Law
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:38 am
admin wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:31 am I have an IKEA couch, so I'm not much help here (and just like I predicted my kids have been ruining the fabric, so I need to actually swap covers at some point).
That is one plus side of the ikea couches. They just all seem to be a little pricey for what they are. Maybe I need to actually go into ikea and look at them instead of browsing online. I've only been once and I thought I was going to get lost. LOL

FYI I didn't get a notification for this. You probably already have that on your list for things to work on but I figured I would let you know just in case you weren't aware.
Yea I have a huge list at the moment lol! I've been looking into new hosts (found one, but I'll have to wait 30 days thanks to ICANN domain registration policies), and web developers to come in and give this place a real professional look.

I went in when I got my couch. Online searching doesn't really do things justice.
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

admin wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:45 am
bmw29 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:38 am

Yea I have a huge list at the moment lol! I've been looking into new hosts (found one, but I'll have to wait 30 days thanks to ICANN domain registration policies), and web developers to come in and give this place a real professional look.

I went in when I got my couch. Online searching doesn't really do things justice.
That's what I was afraid of. I'll probably try the little family run one the neighbors own too. They only have a FB page and don't put tons of pictures so maybe she just shows the old lady couches she loves. We would get a discount there anyway. LOL

Keep up the good work. You're doing awesome and I can wait for the improvements. I don't mind.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Do you have a Bob's furniture there? they have a nice selection and they are priced decent. A sectional is always nice.
CMrefugee
Donated
Donated
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Big Lots. Awesome prices for brand name couches.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

[flash=]I went to Value City and paid $500 for my couch. The two end seats recline. We've had it for almost a year and it's held up fabulously. I also had to replace mine after my dog ate my last one, and like you I didn't want to spend a ton of money on a couch while the kids are still little, even though I absolutely ban food anywhere but the dining room lol.[/flash]
Locked Previous topicNext topic