Daycare called CPS on us and I am PISSED!!

RedBottoms

Unread post

Anon wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:21 am DS 2 had a fever (100) yesterday and the daycare called. I could not be reached at work and DH is out of town so they went down the emergency contact list. My mom is first and she was willing to come get DD but she was about an hour away so they called MIL who didn't answer.

After that they called DD17. Her last day of classes was on friday and she is graduating later this week so she was sitting at home doing nothing. She went down to get her brother. When they checked her ID they said they could not let her leave with DS because she is not an adult.

By this time I had already called the day care back. I was telling them it was fine if DD took DS home. They said they could not allow it and that if I didnt have an adult there to pick him up within 20 minutes they would have to call CPS. I guess they have a time limit on when they have to call CPS if a parent or someone does not pick up a child.

I tried to rush down there but they had already called when I got there. DD was just sitting there the whole time.

I am pissed about the whole thing. There is no way I am sending DS back there. I have no idea if CPS will even come out for this. I am not worried about that because I feel the daycare was being ridiculous. For one they allowed DD to be on the pick up list. They had a copy of her drivers license so they had her age. If her being a minor was an issue they should have said something. There is also NOTHING in the rules against DD picking him up. There were also a few other people on the emergency contact list that they didnt even bother contacting.

There was no reason to call CPS for this. It wasnt like there was noone there for DS. I am so angry and worried about CPS even though logically I know I shouldnt be.
team you. That seems not worth calling CPS when she was a licensed driver and his sister and on the pick up list. And you were on your way and so was your mother.

I can only see calling CPS if no one was reachable or on their way period.
Locked Previous topicNext topic