Update: gaslighter ex’s text

LetHerGo
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:05 pm Text back "I just threw up a little in my mouth"
It’s funny you say that. When I was his wife he’d abuse me. I’d get very sad and cry. He’d look at me crying and he’d laugh and tell me “God, seeing you cry makes me want to puke. I better get away from you before I throw up...”
Deleted User 670

Unread post

LetHerGo wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:10 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:05 pm Text back "I just threw up a little in my mouth"
It’s funny you say that. When I was his wife he’d abuse me. I’d get very sad and cry. He’d look at me crying and he’d laugh and tell me “God, seeing you cry makes me want to puke. I better get away from you before I throw up...”
So it would be the appropriate response!!
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

this is a classic gaslighter move. He has no one to control or f**k with so you're the best option. DO NOT let him move back in with you. If need be tell him your lawyer advised you not to do it. If he moves back in and you share an address he can try to get out of paying child support and declare you as a spouse on taxes by telling them you've reconciled.

My ex tried the same thing. But he wanted to bring his girlfriend.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LetHerGo wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:53 pm So I posted earlier that my ex sent me a text saying, “Why haven’t you pursued a relationship with someone?”

Curiosity got the best of me and I asked him why he was asking me this...this coming from a man who abused me mentally, verbally, physically, and sexually...he used to call me names all the time and have S*x with me against my will. I had to hide bruises more than once from him. He almost knocked a tooth out of mine once.

His response is that he’d been thinking about it and he thought It’d be a good idea if we became roommates for 1 year. He said we’d pool our resources, save money, and we’d each get to see the kids more. He said I wasn’t dating (like I’d tell him) and he’s not interested in dating anyone so there wouldn’t be any awkward moments. He said he’d been watching a new show that ex’s lived together and we could do it!

Do you have that kind of codependent relationship that keeps things in the grey even after splitting up that he would feel it OK to even jest at such an idea? Many women feel safer playing that kind of game. they think it somehow keeps things running smoother...
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LetHerGo wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:07 pm
Victoriousmom wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:04 pm How far away does this f**k face live from you?
10 minutes. We have 3 kids together. He’s having financial issues so I think it has something to do with that.
Most likely. So what's your custody agreement?
LetHerGo
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Victoriousmom wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:17 pm
Victoriousmom wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:04 pm How far away does this f**k face live from you?
10 minutes. We have 3 kids together. He’s having financial issues so I think it has something to do with that.
Joint custody and I am primary. He does pay child support but it’s reduced by $400 a month. I agreed to that a long time ago. Our twins are 9. They were 2 when we split and never experienced us living together. My older daughter 17 does recall and begged me to never go back. We do EOW and he gets them Wednesday night. The twins prefer my house to his.
LetHerGo
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:16 pm
LetHerGo wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:53 pm So I posted earlier that my ex sent me a text saying, “Why haven’t you pursued a relationship with someone?”

Curiosity got the best of me and I asked him why he was asking me this...this coming from a man who abused me mentally, verbally, physically, and sexually...he used to call me names all the time and have S*x with me against my will. I had to hide bruises more than once from him. He almost knocked a tooth out of mine once.

His response is that he’d been thinking about it and he thought It’d be a good idea if we became roommates for 1 year. He said we’d pool our resources, save money, and we’d each get to see the kids more. He said I wasn’t dating (like I’d tell him) and he’s not interested in dating anyone so there wouldn’t be any awkward moments. He said he’d been watching a new show that ex’s lived together and we could do it!

Do you have that kind of codependent relationship that keeps things in the grey even after splitting up that he would feel it OK to even jest at such an idea? Many women feel safer playing that kind of game. they think it somehow keeps things running smoother...
I will be the first to admit that I tend to try to placate situations. I’ve tried to get along with him since we have kids together. I’ve been nicer to him than I should be.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LetHerGo wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:22 pm
Victoriousmom wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:17 pm

Joint custody and I am primary. He does pay child support but it’s reduced by $400 a month. I agreed to that a long time ago. Our twins are 9. They were 2 when we split and never experienced us living together. My older daughter 17 does recall and begged me to never go back. We do EOW and he gets them Wednesday night. The twins prefer my house to his.
Oh damn this is seven years later! Have you moved on then?
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You can just choose one of these and change the words accordingly.......

Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I actually did this with my ex, but he wasn’t what your ex is. It helped us both tremendously in the long run.
Locked Previous topicNext topic