How do you celebrate Father's Day?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Have you seen that meme depicting how we pamper mom for Mother's Day but for Father's Day, the men are expected to grill? It's a funny meme but I realized in my family, that's soooo true. We started the tradition because Father's Day tends to fall on my step dad's birthday weekend. They had a pool and loved to host pool parties and grill out. When they moved and became disabled, my husband and I took over the tradition. But, I don't like to grill and our house isn't really great for hosting, definitely no pool!

I found a farm near us that does amazing BBQ and has a ton of activities for kids. But we would go for their infamous breakfast spread, then I'm not sure what to do for the rest of the day. I looked into baseball tickets but they are $30 a pop and that would be $180 to bring our family, plus food and drinks at the games, they just always get so expensive.

So I'm looking for ideas on what to do for the rest of the day.

How do YOU celebrate Father's Day?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

We're usually camping but I don't get pampered for mothers Day either so who cares.
AZOldGal66
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

My husband and I have never made a big deal about these two special days for parent's.

Our kid's have each decided on something special for him. We'll have a bbq, as well.
just an old coot 😉🌵
Anonymous 3

Unread post

We’re traveling back from vacation on this Father’s Day Sunday. But on Monday we’re taking our DD’s to the dentist in the morning and then having a family day the rest of the day. We’ll probably go to the zoo.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We're grilling! LOL! dh likes to grill. I'm making his favorite breakfast ( lemon ricotta pancake, berries w mint/sugar/lime) ans poached eggs). I ordered a mini chocolate and raspberry cake from a local French bakery ( it's really decadent so I ordered for a serving of 4). I also git him some grilling stuff , and a Gi and rash guard ( he does bjj).
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:48 pm We're usually camping but I don't get pampered for mothers Day either so who cares.
Definitely match that energy.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ehh, majority of days are a rest & good time for the father (my hubby) in my house, LOL. So honestly, I will just let him pick his meal, and that’s it!

He knows he’s one lucky duck, and will insist he does not need anything anyway.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

DH always grills and invites a few friends over.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Usually do not do much. DS has a lacrosse game that day so we will be there. Other than that I think DS is going to be doing the BBQ when he gets home. I am purchasing a smoker on Friday, so DS is hoping to build it then and use it on Sunday. Not sure if it's a good idea to try it out for the first time on a prime rib steaks. But he insists he can do it.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:52 pm Have you seen that meme depicting how we pamper mom for Mother's Day but for Father's Day, the men are expected to grill? It's a funny meme but I realized in my family, that's soooo true. We started the tradition because Father's Day tends to fall on my step dad's birthday weekend. They had a pool and loved to host pool parties and grill out. When they moved and became disabled, my husband and I took over the tradition. But, I don't like to grill and our house isn't really great for hosting, definitely no pool!

I found a farm near us that does amazing BBQ and has a ton of activities for kids. But we would go for their infamous breakfast spread, then I'm not sure what to do for the rest of the day. I looked into baseball tickets but they are $30 a pop and that would be $180 to bring our family, plus food and drinks at the games, they just always get so expensive.

So I'm looking for ideas on what to do for the rest of the day.

How do YOU celebrate Father's Day?
We do usually have a bbq with his and the kids and I try to do the work but my partner insists on being the one at the bbq. Apparently, he's the only one in the world who can bbq properly, lol. I've tried other things but with 8 kids between us and 3 of mine having neurodivergent/sensory/anxiety issues doing anything other than a get together isn't going to be pleasant or include everyone.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic