Am I the only one who is like DO NOT pull that plug…

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

I’m watching a show that is going over how spouses tell their significant other what to do if they get into a long lasting coma… everyone is saying “pull the plug” ..

I made sure my husband knows, DO NOT pull that plug… I’ll be one of those people that stays in a coma for 10 years and then wakes up, no problem… it’s not going to bother me because I’ll be in a coma… I want as big of a chance as I can get of making it through…
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Coma, I'm not sure. I would hate to think that my husband would be having his life on hold if I were in a ten year coma.

But both my Dh and I have DNRs in place in the event of anything happening to either one of us where there's no chance of a meaningful recovery.
just an old coot 😉🌵
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

If I'm in a coma after a year, with no signs of recovering anytime soon, he can pull the plug. I don't want to be a burden.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’m with you on the don’t pull the plug.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The body isn’t meant to be in a coma for more than a few weeks. The point of a coma is healing and after the first few weeks the body is no longer healing, it is damaged, and you transition into a vegetative state. The odds of waking up after the first few weeks is so minuscule and the odds of waking up with enough bodily function to give quality of life is almost zero. I wouldn’t put my family through years of suffering from the waiting and the immense financial debt based on those odds. Most hospitals won’t actually give you the choice to, after a certain point they will take it to court that remaining in a coma isn’t for the betterment of the patient.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

If I'm not awake in two weeks, pull it. I don't want my family saddled with debt or feeling like they have to visit my shell.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I have a DNR order and living will as I don't want my family to have to make that decision.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:06 am I have a DNR order and living will as I don't want my family to have to make that decision.
I have the same.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I've seen people in comas. Their joints contract, they lose muscle mass, they're at risk for bed sores, and the family suffers. Plus the financial drain. If I'm not awake after a certain time or the doctor says there's no recovery, pull the plug. I've lived a good life and far as I'm concerned my children can enjoy whatever assets I have to give.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Pull the plug. I don't want to be in a coma. I don't want to do that to my family. Heck, if I can't recover to my former self, don't help medically. I am not afraid of dying. I am more afraid of being trapped in a useless body.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic