Need ideas for food.

Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My eldest hosts a weekly/ bi-monthly DnD group at my house and I need ideas on what to feed a bunch of teens where they can contribute but not feel overwhelmed with what to bring. For example we just did a Taco Bar where I made the main portion but they each brought something for toppings like cheese, sour cream, lettuce, etc. I have a baked potato bar and chili bar planned for future but need more ideas.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You could also do poke bowls - they are just rice bowls with a salad-bar array of raw vegetables, maybe a meat, and sauce.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:37 pm You could also do poke bowls - they are just rice bowls with a salad-bar array of raw vegetables, maybe a meat, and sauce.
Good idea. I usually do the main part or protein for the meal and try to get the kids to bring the sides/condiments. So that could work..
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would think burgers, grilled chicken sandwiches or any sandwiches really, could be done with them each bringing a side, topping, condiment. If you don’t mind them using your kitchen, they could do build their own French bread pizzas, each bringing a topping, then pop them into the oven for a couple minutes until cheese melted though I’d recommend pre-toasting the bread. I usually use French bread sandwich rolls, cut and toasted with garlic butter(done ahead), then the kids add their sauce, toppings, and heat it until cheese is melty.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:58 pm I would think burgers, grilled chicken sandwiches or any sandwiches really, could be done with them each bringing a side, topping, condiment. If you don’t mind them using your kitchen, they could do build their own French bread pizzas, each bringing a topping, then pop them into the oven for a couple minutes until cheese melted though I’d recommend pre-toasting the bread. I usually use French bread sandwich rolls, cut and toasted with garlic butter(done ahead), then the kids add their sauce, toppings, and heat it until cheese is melty.
I let them use my fireplace last campaign to burn a character sheet. The oven shouldn't be an issue. Please continue to post any and all ideas. I was thinking a pasta bar too. I'm pretty much the winter "host" for DnD campaigns so any and all ideas are welcome. I'd rather feed them then have them raid my fridge/freezer.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I like the pasta bar idea. You can also do a spin on the taco bar, and do nachos.

When the girls have a group of friends over we’ve also done: make your own mini pizzas, same idea as the French bread but takes a little longer to bake, I do the dough before hand, portion them, then the kids do the rest of the work. We’ve also done the pillsbury crescent wraps, again make your own, they now have the crescent dough sheets which probably makes it easier. Some of these kids, at least some of my girls’ friends are pretty catered to at home, so I think it’s good getting them involved and they have just as much fun doing that as the gaming. I did do an appetizer night and that went over well, but only did it once because it involved less contributing and was an all day on my part contribution that I don’t always have the time for.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I didn't read the other replies so sorry if it's repeated, but I thought everyone could bring something to make homemade pizzas (as homemade as you want...you could buy the crust..like digorno premade crusts) and have everyone else bring cheese, sauce, pepperoni and whatever else they would want on the pizzas. Others could bring drinks and sides. Also spaghetti/pasta bar..different pastas, garlic bread, salad and the stuff to put inside the salad, etc.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

A dip bar would also be fun. Different kinds of chips and dips. A charcuterie board/grazing board. Those viral chopped sandwiches- my kids and all of their friends are obsessed.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

RIZZY wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:00 pm A dip bar would also be fun. Different kinds of chips and dips. A charcuterie board/grazing board. Those viral chopped sandwiches- my kids and all of their friends are obsessed.
Chopped sandwich?
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Make you own pizzas with everyone bringing a topping, charcuterie, cheese fondu could be fun.

When i played D&D we lived off doritos and Dr Pepper. Your food sounds so much better, lol
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic