Well that's a strange name

Anonymous 1

Unread post

We were at a dance competition today and when kids come up to get overall awards they often ask the dancers name. So they ask this girl her name and she says seven. They say no your name and she repeats seven. Who the heck names their kid a number? Poor girl and announcer were so embarrassed.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I doubt the girl was embarrassed. I don’t like all names, but I don’t have to. As someone who grew up being told I had a weird name, but it’s a name that means something to me, yes it’s irritating when someone looked at me sideways for my name but I never would have changed it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:06 pm I doubt the girl was embarrassed. I don’t like all names, but I don’t have to. As someone who grew up being told I had a weird name, but it’s a name that means something to me, yes it’s irritating when someone looked at me sideways for my name but I never would have changed it.
When asked her name she put her head down when she said it and her ears were turning red (her face was covered with makeup). It was pretty obvious she was embarrassed. Everyone thought she was saying her age and misunderstood.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:09 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:06 pm I doubt the girl was embarrassed. I don’t like all names, but I don’t have to. As someone who grew up being told I had a weird name, but it’s a name that means something to me, yes it’s irritating when someone looked at me sideways for my name but I never would have changed it.
When asked her name she put her head down when she said it and her ears were turning red (her face was covered with makeup). It was pretty obvious she was embarrassed. Everyone thought she was saying her age and misunderstood.
Or maybe she’s shy and was embarrassed in general about speaking in from of everyone. I’ve met a lot of kids with a lot of strange names, to the kids it’s normal, I doubt a little kid is going to be embarrassed about her name, especially when it’s honestly a pretty heard of name.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

She only has to wait and it will never be mistaken for her age again.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I went to college with a girl named Sevin (pronounced Seven). She was Turkish descent and it is a popular name in her culture. The child could be a different culture and it’s a common name.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:15 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:09 pm
Or maybe she’s shy and was embarrassed in general about speaking in from of everyone. I’ve met a lot of kids with a lot of strange names, to the kids it’s normal, I doubt a little kid is going to be embarrassed about her name, especially when it’s honestly a pretty heard of name.
You weren't there. She was up there smiling and looking at the audience when she answered other questions it was just her name she did this.
I have never, ever heard the name seven and I have worked with a lot of children.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

DD went to elementary school with a girl named Seven. There's a few celebrities who have kids named Seven. I don't think it's that "odd" or absurd. Maybe it depends on demographics. Seven is pretty tame compared to some of the kids' names around here.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Sounds like she's a bright, confident child who doesn't care what a total stranger thinks of her name.

That's a great thing!
Anonymous 4

Unread post

t's a terrible name. However I can think of worse. Nugget comes to mind. No clue what parents are thinking these days.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic