It's been 7 years since the death of Harambe the gorilla

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Under the article I just read in the comments an overwhelming amount of people were saying the 4 year old boy who fell in the enclosure should have been killed and not the gorilla. Of course nobody wanted to see the magnificent creature killed but there was a situation in which it was the boy or the gorilla. How anyone would choose the gorilla over the boy is astonishing to me. So whose side are you on? Do you save the boy who could have been killed or kill the gorilla first?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... Wn15PUMn6o
Anonymous 2

Unread post

A gorilla is far more important than a random kid 🤷🏼‍♀️
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

The death of an animal is sad…
The death of your child is life alteringly devastating….

There’s just no comparison.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Bobcobbagob wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:00 pm The death of an animal is sad…

Tell that to Anon2...
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:08 pm
Bobcobbagob wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:00 pm The death of an animal is sad…

Tell that to Anon2...
I’m pretty sure she’s just trolling… if she’s not, she’s a sociopath…
So even for her, admitting she’s trolling would be the best choice here lol
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m just sad that the whole thing couldn’t have been prevented. I don’t remember how the boy came to fall in but that’s what I’m talking about. Parents didn’t reach him in time, the enclosure failed, whatever the reason was. I thought Harambe was trying to help, not harm the boy but who knows? They did what they felt was right and while it was correct it doesn’t make it any less regrettable.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree that he should have been killed. A tranquilizer may not have even worked and may have made him more irritated.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

This story is tragic all the way around. 😔

I can't believe it's been 7 years already.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:43 pm I’m just sad that the whole thing couldn’t have been prevented. I don’t remember how the boy came to fall in but that’s what I’m talking about. Parents didn’t reach him in time, the enclosure failed, whatever the reason was. I thought Harambe was trying to help, not harm the boy but who knows? They did what they felt was right and while it was correct it doesn’t make it any less regrettable.
I think Jane Goodall analyzed it and stated that he was trying to help.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:43 pm I’m just sad that the whole thing couldn’t have been prevented. I don’t remember how the boy came to fall in but that’s what I’m talking about. Parents didn’t reach him in time, the enclosure failed, whatever the reason was. I thought Harambe was trying to help, not harm the boy but who knows? They did what they felt was right and while it was correct it doesn’t make it any less regrettable.
The mom was there with four kids and they were in a crowd, she let go of his hand for seconds to tend to another child and the boy took off. She immediately went after him, but he could move through the crowd much faster dodging around legs than an adult dragging three other kids and she couldn’t get to him in time. The barrier was only three feet so it took seconds for him to get over it. I honestly feel really bad for the mom, she was completely dragged through it and was receiving death threats, when all of the witnesses said she was in no way inattentive to the child and her court case found her completely not at fault.

I do wish that another adult closer to the barrier would have grabbed the child, but I wasn’t there to know if maybe they just didn’t process what was happening fast enough.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic