Do any of you have parent(s) like this?

hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My mother was borderline narcisstic. I just realized this years after she died. I was her “it” child, never being right. And she put my kids down which made me curse her out more than once.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My mom made me her confidant. I was the person she talked to about her problems. I was the first person she ever told about her childhood abuse. She would just tell me way too many graphic details and about things maybe I shouldn't have known at such a young age- just to get it off her chest. She also rarely disciplined and did not attend my school performances. She attended my brother's until he dropped out of school but mine, she always said she was too tired after work. I believed her. I remember secretly taking note of whose mom was a stay at home mom or whose dad was off work that day every time I saw my friend's parents attend a school event. Eventually, I figured out that other people's parents attended even when they were tired from work. She also refused to take any responsibility for her failures as a parent until I was an adult. And then, she would constantly ask, "Do you still love me? Do you forgive me? I wasn't such a bad mom, was I?"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic