Mini stroke

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Have any of you had a mini stroke or know someone that has? If so, what did you or that person experience and how were you/they afterwards? My dr thinks I had one and so do I.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My ex used to get them. Doctors couldn't figure out why so they came to the conclusion that he was faking it. Good luck.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Eww that doesn't seem good to come to that conclusion (unless he actually faked them).
carterscutie85 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:21 pm My ex used to get them. Doctors couldn't figure out why so they came to the conclusion that he was faking it. Good luck.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My stepdad had a small one and had limited use of one his arms for a while. He had to do physical therapy. And my grandma had one recently. I don’t know much about her symptoms besides my mom said she was talking funny. Like what she was saying didn’t make sense.
newyearnewring
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

My mom has had several. We did not know anything had happened. She was having a lot of other health problems at the time so maybe that's why we didn't notice. She had a fall at some point and they ordered an MRI, that's how they found out. Then we realized that her face was drooping on one side. It was not very noticeable at first. Then the drooping started to become more pronounced for several months. Now it's not as bad anymore unless she smiles.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

One of my sister's has had several in the past, including having one during L&D of her last biological child over 30 years ago

For her, it's affected her memory primarily and they believe it was all related to her former mismanagement of her Type 1 diabetes. She had daily BS levels over 500 and A1C's well over 10.

She's far better now and manages her diabetes as she should.

I hope you'll be ok, OP.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Please schedule an immediate appointment with a medical provider for any concerning neurological symptoms. If they determine your symptoms could represent a transient ischemic attack, it does not necessarily have to be emergent, but you need more urgent testing including head imaging, echocardiogram, blood work, ultrasound of your carotid arteries and perhaps monitoring for arrhythmias.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Not a mini stroke.. I had an ischemic stroke on 8/1/16. They still do not know the cause of it. They did a ton of tests while I was in ICU, they have done full blood panels, etc...no cause was ever found. I see a Cardiologist every 6-9 months for rechecks and have since I was released from ICU on 8/4/16.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 1

Unread post

How did they know it was an ischemic stroke? Did it show up on a ct scan or mri or something else?
mcginnisc wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:40 pm Not a mini stroke.. I had an ischemic stroke on 8/1/16. They still do not know the cause of it. They did a ton of tests while I was in ICU, they have done full blood panels, etc...no cause was ever found. I see a Cardiologist every 6-9 months for rechecks and have since I was released from ICU on 8/4/16.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Thank you for all of that info! So far my primary dr has me started taking cholesterol meds because it’s proven to help prevent strokes by 25%. And she is having me go to a neurologist. She has not mentioned anything about my heart and getting anything tested with that. I have a heart murmur and mitral valve prolapse and she knows that.
LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:06 pm Please schedule an immediate appointment with a medical provider for any concerning neurological symptoms. If they determine your symptoms could represent a transient ischemic attack, it does not necessarily have to be emergent, but you need more urgent testing including head imaging, echocardiogram, blood work, ultrasound of your carotid arteries and perhaps monitoring for arrhythmias.
Locked Previous topicNext topic