What am I, swiss cheese?

Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It’s been almost a year….

Mdd was held back 3 times and still graduated hs at 17. Why you may ask? At the end of 1st grade, they didn’t feel she had a good grasp and held her back. After school resumed from summer break, within 2 weeks they put her into 2nd grade. Same thing happened that year and the next. Finally they decided to no longer go this because she’d catch up by the time summer was over. It was like she needed the summer break for everything to just sort in her brain. She has a crazy memory. She can tell you book, worksheet, periodical, page number, word for word text of anything she reads, but it takes her a little longer to actually comprehend the meaning, it was pretty frustrating.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

There’s a big difference developmentally between a 2-3 year old and a 4 year old.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:16 pm Is this a bike with training wheels or tricycle? I see now that those balance bikes are popular for the little ones and the kids whiz around on those to prepare for a 2 wheeler. They didn't have those when my kids were 4 so we never had them but maybe try it out? If I had a little one I would get one.
They are great for learning both of my kids (now 16 and 13) learned to balance on them. It took my youngest another 6 months to learn to pedal to ride an actual bike but she was still riding without training wheels by 3 1/2. My oldest was scared and it took 5 years of balance bikes plus 2 years of riding with training wheels before we started riding with friends and he finally rode without them. A tiny bike is better tp learn on than a big one too!
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Kids are weird like that. My daughter would not potty train to save her life. She went to a developmental pre-school at 3 and met a friend name Juan Carlos. Well she came home one day and demanded big girl underwear because Juan Carlos doesn't wear pullups. Then she wanted undies like her brother because his had Hulk. So I bought her boy underwear.

And ta-da. NO more pull ups.

Heck thanks Hulk and Juan Carlos!!
newyearnewring
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

My kids didn't learn well from myself or my husband. Tell me why years later, my son asked for a bike and hopped on like he'd been riding his whole life.
Locked Previous topicNext topic