What backpack should I buy for college?

Aislinn
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:53 pm I am always partial to the LL bean backpacks
Me, too, but now they won't guarantee them anymore. North Face, Jansport, Patagonia etc all do. Beans used to be the best, but now they are tanking.
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Swiss Army brand backpacks are great. Lots of room and super durable. You can barely tell I even used mine.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
admin
The Law
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I have a ThinkGeek Bag of holding. I friggin love those things. Jansports are pretty good too. You do want something you can bring a laptop in as well though, so make sure it's an OK size.
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

epoh wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:05 pm I have an Osprey and I freaking love it. Tons of room with chest and waist supports, a sleeve for my laptop, waterproof, and sturdy as hell.
I have heard great things about Osprey and am really considering one.
i want candy!
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

admin wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 2:17 am I have a ThinkGeek Bag of holding. I friggin love those things. Jansports are pretty good too. You do want something you can bring a laptop in as well though, so make sure it's an OK size.
Oh yeah the ones I've been looking at have an area for laptops.
i want candy!
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Aislinn wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:10 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:53 pm I am always partial to the LL bean backpacks
Me, too, but now they won't guarantee them anymore. North Face, Jansport, Patagonia etc all do. Beans used to be the best, but now they are tanking.
Yeah. I used to be a huge LL Bean fan. That's all I would buy my kids when they were younger but they got rid of the warranty and the quality has gone down hill.
i want candy!
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mrsmacgiver wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:23 pm I literally never used a backpack in college. I just used an oversized bag/purse!
The first time I went I didn't use one but this time I am because I'll have to trek across campus unlike the first time when I stayed in one area.
i want candy!
epoh
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:37 am
epoh wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:05 pm I have an Osprey and I freaking love it. Tons of room with chest and waist supports, a sleeve for my laptop, waterproof, and sturdy as hell.
I have heard great things about Osprey and am really considering one.
The chest and waist supports are super helpful when carrying heavy things like laptops and books. It also has two side pockets for a water bottle (and for me, my coffee to go mug). I bought it in orange and couldn’t be happier. It’s been a year since I bought it and it barely looks used.

Bonus, I also use it for hiking and it is really great for that as well.
Aislinn
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:40 am
Aislinn wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:10 pm
Yeah. I used to be a huge LL Bean fan. That's all I would buy my kids when they were younger but they got rid of the warranty and the quality has gone down hill.
The problem is, their quality was already down, but people were willing to pay extra for the warranty. People abused it. That is for sure. They would buy things at yard sales, Goodwill etc and return it. Return thirty year old items. I get that, but it was easing solvable. Return after a year with proof of purchase. Every item you buy is in their system, too. They just laid off 400 people and their sales are way down.
lwalker270
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

I had a Jansport and it held up really well. I still pull it out and use it from time-to-time.
Locked Previous topicNext topic