What backpack should I buy for college?

CafemomAnon
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I have never seen a Jansport hold up that well.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

CafemomAnon wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 10:00 am I have never seen a Jansport hold up that well.
Me either. And it's not just cause the kids are rough. I had one I used for work. I was lucky to get 6 months out of it before it just fell apart.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

epoh wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 7:55 am
madfoodie wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:37 am
epoh wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:05 pm I have an Osprey and I freaking love it. Tons of room with chest and waist supports, a sleeve for my laptop, waterproof, and sturdy as hell.
I have heard great things about Osprey and am really considering one.
The chest and waist supports are super helpful when carrying heavy things like laptops and books. It also has two side pockets for a water bottle (and for me, my coffee to go mug). I bought it in orange and couldn’t be happier. It’s been a year since I bought it and it barely looks used.
Bonus, I also use it for hiking and it is really great for that as well.
I can't figure out how to like so: like!
i want candy!
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I'd recommend a rolling backpack. And get one where the zipper doesn't go all the way down and is big enough to hold your laptop. That way you can roll it instead of carrying it. Amazon and ebags.com have a lot to choose from. My daughter currently has this backpack. She just finished her 2nd year in college.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004L ... UTF8&psc=1

It comes in lots of different patterns and colors and is only $46

talkingheads
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

CafemomAnon wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 10:00 am I have never seen a Jansport hold up that well.

I still have and use my Jansport from HS. I graduated in 91....
LostTheSlipper
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I had a Jansport that I crammed full of heavy books. Lasted me four years of college and I still use it when we go out places where I need it.
RedBottoms

Unread post

I had a Jansport for 7th grade I really liked but I don't think I used it very long but it did hold up pretty well.

I don't think LL Bean can be blamed for their return policies changing. People were abusing them. They were trying to buy something and use it for 10 years and then want a brand new one. I don't think it was meant to be used like that. Sure if a backpack craps out with a hole after a year-they would happily send you a new one. But after 4 years of hard use-just buy another one cheapass.

People were abusing it so they had to basically ruin it for everyone. It sucks
Kayelynnesmommy
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Jansport holds up forever! They are really affordable too.
“It’s not the years in your life, it’s the life in your years.” - Abraham Lincoln
FreshPaint
Villein
Villein

Unread post

I use one my employer gave us. No idea the brand but damn that thing can take some abuse.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ivegotrhythm wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:16 pm My son has had his North Face backpack since 2nd grade. He starts high school this fall. It still looks new.

I asked him if he wanted a new backpack last year and he said no.

We live in a small college town (Kenyon) and a lot of the students carry them.
Well, heck! I'd say that's a GREAT backpack then!
I vote for this one!
Locked Previous topicNext topic