spinoff thong bikini

Anonymous 1

Unread post

If your 17 yo DD came downstairs and said her boyfriends parents invited her to go with them for a day on their boat and she was wearing a thong bikini-would you A: Say "have fun" or B: give her some advice on class and this is not an appropriate situation to be wearing a thong bikini.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would tell her to change. She loves wake boarding and thong bikinis are not the best for that. She wears boy shorts at the lake.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I am team B. My DD would get a big lecture on appropriateness for the situation. Not that I would love it if she grabbed the thong to go to the beach with her girlfriends but at least that is the time and the place.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

C: "Be sure to wear sunscreen"
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm at a point that I do not police what my 17 year old wears. I just don't. She leaves for college in a handful of months so she won't even live in my house as she will be in a dorm. Like I told my mother recently when she found out my kid was going to a party at a guy's house that I have never met: Do you think I'm going to know the people she is partying with in college? Do you think I'm going to know the parents? No.. I have to trust my child to make smart decisions and that is what I'm going to do.
I am not going to police what my kid wears when she is almost out of my house. She doesn't wear thongs, but even if she did I would not say a word to her.
My 14 year old does not want to wear them either. She is too modest so I would never have to say anything to her either.
I used to wear thong bikinis when I was a teen. Were my parents thrilled? Nope. Did I change? Nope. I wore what I was comfortable in and they left it alone. ( and yes, I did wear them at the beach when with my inlaws back in the day.)
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I'd tell her to have fun. Not everyone is a prude.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

We don't even do bikinis in this house. So far my dd hasn't expressed any desire to ever wear one. She has one she wears under a water shirt as a bra when we kayak but that's it.
Shes a pretty modest kid so I don't see it ever being an issue.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

I’d tell her she isn’t leaving the house until she was wearing something appropriate.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would not love the idea of my DD wearing a string bikini. But I think at that point, age 17, the horse is already out of the barn — I have been coaching my kids for years about how clothes make huge first impressions, are billboards telling people things about us, and when choosing an outfit, we should consider our comfort but also those of the people around us, as a sign of respect. If these lessons have failed to “stick” it’s doubtful a fight on the way out the door will matter!
Anonymous 5

Unread post

My 16 year old only started wearing bikini vs tankinis and shorts 2 years ago so i will never have this issue. But if i did i would tell my daughter to go pick a different suit because we do not walk around showing our ass like that.
Locked Previous topicNext topic