What do you think is a fair price?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I've had 2 people come out and quote me prices to tear down my deck. One guy said $300. Today another person said $1500!!! It's a medium sized deck. I don't think $1500 is a good price at all, I was thinking maybe they don't want to do it so they gave me an outrageous price. I have one more person coming out so I'll see what they say.

Update: We found a company to do it for $600. They came out today and did a very good job. Did not leave anything behind and were done in about 2 hours. Their quotes were honest and included hauling away an old grill we had and trimming some branches hanging over the deck. I knew those other companies were out of their mind lol.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I’d say the guy for $300 isn’t insured and likely does t do this for a living.

$1500 seems reasonable for a complete job. There is removal, site clean up, disposal of the deck and then site prep for what remains—by that I mean our deck is ground level I’d want that at the very least raked flat.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Just remember...you get what you pay for. If you just want the deck tore down...by all means go with the $300 guy...but don't be surprised if half the siding of the house goes with it because he didn't bother to see how it was attached and you're left with a mess to clean because he leaves the deck there and doesn't haul away any debris.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Heyteacher wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:33 pm I’d say the guy for $300 isn’t insured and likely does t do this for a living.

$1500 seems reasonable for a complete job. There is removal, site clean up, disposal of the deck and then site prep for what remains—by that I mean our deck is ground level I’d want that at the very least raked flat.
This exactly. My 15 year old worked for 8 hours yesterday and was paid $150. It takes a substantial amount of time to tear down a deck. We always planned a full day for tear down. Then you have disposal which involves loading it in a trailer and possibly paying to dump it. And cleaning up any nails left behind and any debri that was under there as well. Plus anyone licensed has to pay for insurance, vehicles, gas, and supplies. My 15 year old didn't have to cover any of that.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Heyteacher wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:33 pm I’d say the guy for $300 isn’t insured and likely does t do this for a living.

It's actually a company but I checked them out. They are insured. I'd never let anyone do work on my home that wasn't. The company has good reviews
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

If you honestly believe that then you would have gone with them instead of posting here. Good luck to you! Home
ownership isn’t cheap.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:51 pm

It's actually a company but I checked them out. They are insured. I'd never let anyone do work on my home that wasn't. The company has good reviews
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What are you getting for 300?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I honestly don’t think I’d trust a place that charges $300 for that amount of work. They’re cutting corners somewhere. $1500 is much more what I would expect for the amount of work required to safely tear down and haul off a medium sized deck.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

What kind of work are you getting for $300 vs $1500? How big is the deck? Remember you get what you pay for
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Lol you are an idiot.
Locked Previous topicNext topic