What do you think is a fair price?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:14 pm What are you getting for 300?
The deck removal and hauling it away.

Though I will say Mother Nature has done a lot of work for whoever removes it. The previous owner never sealed it so it has been rotting away.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

The people charging $1500 for a medium size deck are hoping you're one of the posters here who doesn't have a clue as to the value of money, a job like tearing down a deck or frankly just how the world works.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:57 pm The people charging $1500 for a medium size deck are hoping you're one of the posters here who doesn't have a clue as to the value of money, a job like tearing down a deck or frankly just how the world works.
I know very much about the value of money and “how the world works”, and because I know the work involved in tearing down, cleaning up, and hauling off a medium sized deck I think $1500 is very fair if you want a quality job.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

This does sound like a fair price...actually they could go a little higher than $1500.

However, check around to see who else has used the outfit charging you the $1500 and also any online reviews. Too, check with your local BBB to see if they've had any reported complaints.
newyearnewring
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Just to tear it down? Do you know what kind of utilities are back there?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:57 pm The people charging $1500 for a medium size deck are hoping you're one of the posters here who doesn't have a clue as to the value of money, a job like tearing down a deck or frankly just how the world works.
I hate that phrase "doesn't know how the world works." It's as bad as my dad telling me I "don't live in the real world."
Why are you assuming that you know more than everyone else here?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

newyearnewring wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:32 pm Just to tear it down? Do you know what kind of utilities are back there?
None. I am not physically capable of tearing it down.
newyearnewring
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:36 pm
newyearnewring wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:32 pm Just to tear it down? Do you know what kind of utilities are back there?
None. I am not physically capable of tearing it down.
I don't know your area but, here, $300 for tear and haul is a fair price. $1500 is outrageous. Even so, there isn't anything for them to do which requires a lot of skill.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:18 pm I've had 2 people come out and quote me prices to tear down my deck. One guy said $300. Today another person said $1500!!! It's a medium sized deck. I don't think $1500 is a good price at all, I was thinking maybe they don't want to do it so they gave me an outrageous price. I have one more person coming out so I'll see what they say.
I highly doubt if the $300 guy is going to haul the debris away. A small dumpster is likely more than that, or if he's going to take it somewhere to dump that's going to cost him money too. It sounds too low to do everything.

I'd definitely have him give you in writing what specifically he's going to do if you decide to use him. Many of the cheapest guys leave a mess behind.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What’s the dimensions of the deck? Did either company give you an estimate on how long it would take or any details aside from price? Time, manpower, resources needed to accomplish the job are all things to consider when determining a price for a job. How many men will be needed to take it down and haul it off? How long? What’s the going hourly wage of those men? What’s the cost of disposal of the materials? Many of these questions’ answers are determined by COL in your area.
Locked Previous topicNext topic