The worst time to have 1 bathroom

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:17 am I guess nobody was wearing masks :/
Stomach flu isn’t air borne right? I’m not sure masks will help in this instance. What will is cleaning the bathroom, surfaces, and wearing gloves if dealing with vomit and other things. Like if you had to wash a kid’s clothes. (Bleah) I had it really bad once. I wouldn’t wish that episode in my worse enemy. If the grim reaper has shown up I might have gone willingly.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:28 am
Stomach flu isn’t air borne right? I’m not sure masks will help in this instance. What will is cleaning the bathroom, surfaces, and wearing gloves if dealing with vomit and other things. Like if you had to wash a kid’s clothes. (Bleah) I had it really bad once. I wouldn’t wish that episode in my worse enemy. If the grim reaper has shown up I might have gone willingly.
It can be passed through water droplets (cough, spit, vomit) from someone infected, so masks could help decrease the spread but it is far more likely to be carried on a contaminated surfaces. So yes, cleaning surfaces with bleach and washing hands/wearing gloves would be most effective.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:28 am
I've been making my dh do all of that since he brought it into the house and already had it. I'm just trying to keep my distance. I literally peed outside the other day (I live in the middle of nowhere) so I didn't have to go into the bathroom where ds was puking. Thankfully dd said she had a stomachache but nothing came of it so the two of us are still holding out.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm too spoiled now. I haven't lived in a place with only one bathroom in 22 years. I couldn't do it again.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:32 pm I'm too spoiled now. I haven't lived in a place with only one bathroom in 22 years. I couldn't do it again.
You could do it. A few years back we were in between places and had to rent. After having 3.5 bathrooms we now had a two bedroom, 1 bath apartment. Four of us at this point.

Now we have 2.5 bathrooms. The kids are in my bathroom all the time because it’s a huge walk in shower and theirs is always clogged because of the massive amount of hair they have.

Maybe because we’ve had so much time off and on with only one bathroom we are used to no personal space.
LaurieD
Peasant
Peasant

Unread post

My youngest has caught so many stomach bugs this year that we had him tested for other GI issues. Nope, he just gets every big that is ever brought into his daycare.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

8 kids, and 2 adults with one bathroom. Vomiting wasn’t the issue since we could use buckets, which we preferred. It was the other end that could be an issue lol
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I like watching House Hunters International where old European housing typically has one bathroom. The mother might say “I can’t share a bathroom with the kids!” Or if it’s just a couple they say “how will we get ready in the morning with just one sink in the bathroom!”

Do people really brush their teeth in the bathroom at the same time? Gross.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:22 am I like watching House Hunters International where old European housing typically has one bathroom. The mother might say “I can’t share a bathroom with the kids!” Or if it’s just a couple they say “how will we get ready in the morning with just one sink in the bathroom!”

Do people really brush their teeth in the bathroom at the same time? Gross.
You must have never had 1 bathroom. Yes we brush our teeth st the same time its not like we're sharing Toothbrushes or anything. There's nothing gross about it.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You could get vomit bags from the pharmacy. Just use and toss.
In my family we dealt with vomit and diarrhea with one bathroom. Small trash cans with grocery bags and the big buckets (5 gal) with trash bags and pool noodles.
Locked Previous topicNext topic