Well I think he had to learn the hard way

talkingheads
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

You can take excellent care of your teeth and still get cavities. It could very well be genetic
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:45 pm I recently found out DS9 has been lying to me about brushing his teeth. I know for sure he was doing it Mon-Fri but he was lying about doing it on weekends.

He was complaining today his tooth hurts. Which means he's probably got a cavity. He's never had one before.

So I told him. You know to brush your teeth. You know it's important. He even knows my teeth are jacked partly because I was never forced to maintain good oral health habits. But he didn't care.

I'll have to get him in to be seen but I'm not even in a rush. Which might sound bad but you figure no one's even open tomorrow. He can live a couple extra days with pain for lying about whether he brushed or not.
I'd probably give my dd some tylenol. He won't enjoy the drilling, so.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Also, you can get cavities anyway. Bad teeth can be genetic. Just saying, not disagreeing with you. Seems a lot of kids have an aversion to brushing.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

talkingheads wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:47 pm You can take excellent care of your teeth and still get cavities. It could very well be genetic
Lol, I just said that.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

talkingheads wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:47 pm You can take excellent care of your teeth and still get cavities. It could very well be genetic

Oh I know. Part of mine is genetic for sure. But considering he made it 9 years with no issues I'd say he escaped that curse esp when my Mom used to give him tons of pop behind my back all the time. His bio father hardly gets cavities as well.
RedBottoms

Unread post

It is what it is. Give him Tylenol till you get an appointment if it hurts bad enough and soft food.
Verrine
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

DS13 has braces. I regret spending 6K considering his oral hygiene. He has decalcification (white spots). He wasn't getting the gumline. He has a tooth that came in way high and once it is in place, he is getting the braces off.
Deleted User 244

Unread post

I’m going to be the odd man out here and say that this is your fault. My kids may not brush their teeth properly in the morning all the time, but at night they have two minute timers and I’m making sure they’re flossing
Deleted User 244

Unread post

I’m going to be the odd man out here and say that this is your fault. My kids may not brush their teeth properly in the morning all the time, but at night they have two minute timers and I’m making sure they’re flossing
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I actually bought a bluetooth toothbrush that I can check with. We each have our own brush head and it tells how long we brushed, if we used the proper amount of pressure and how many times we brushed. It was crazy expensive for a toothbrush but I have no regrets.
Locked Previous topicNext topic