Well I think he had to learn the hard way

Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So you watch them and make sure they actually do it and then check their teeth afterwards?
MC08 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:46 pm I’m going to be the odd man out here and say that this is your fault. My kids may not brush their teeth properly in the morning all the time, but at night they have two minute timers and I’m making sure they’re flossing
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MC08 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:46 pm I’m going to be the odd man out here and say that this is your fault. My kids may not brush their teeth properly in the morning all the time, but at night they have two minute timers and I’m making sure they’re flossing
Yeah no. Excuse me for trusting my kid to do something simple that he's been doing correctly for 7 years.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 11:20 pm So you watch them and make sure they actually do it and then check their teeth afterwards?
Exactly.
Emandab

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 11:20 pm So you watch them and make sure they actually do it and then check their teeth afterwards?
I do. I also have always limited sugar. Call me crazy but I have a disgusting mouth and don't want them to EVER have to deal with what I do.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

My boy tried that. I started standing in the bathroom with him to make sure he did it. He hated that and stopped lying about it....he doesn't know but I still check.
Deleted User 244

Unread post

I go upstairs with them and pop in and out of their bathroom while I’m brushing my own teeth. It’s not that hard.....
Deleted User 244

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 2:55 am
Yeah no. Excuse me for trusting my kid to do something simple that he's been doing correctly for 7 years.
You didn’t notice his breath?
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MC08 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:11 am
carterscutie85 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 2:55 am
You didn’t notice his breath?

He didn't have bad breath.
Mom knows best

Unread post

What is his diet? Cavities can occur if there is also a lot of sugar intake, soda or juice consumption. It didn’t happen over night and it took a long time for it to get to the point of hurting. Does he have 6 month check ups? They can be caught when the cavities are small, when there is no pain associated with them. There’s more to this story than what you are telling us. Blaming your child doesn’t look.

How bad is the pain? If he has an abscess, that’s not good either. Call the doctor’s emergency line and get that child seen 1st thing in the morning so that he is not in school hurting.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mom knows best wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 9:52 am What is his diet? Cavities can occur if there is also a lot of sugar intake, soda or juice consumption. It didn’t happen over night and it took a long time for it to get to the point of hurting. Does he have 6 month check ups? They can be caught when the cavities are small, when there is no pain associated with them. There’s more to this story than what you are telling us. Blaming your child doesn’t look.

How bad is the pain? If he has an abscess, that’s not good either. Call the doctor’s emergency line and get that child seen 1st thing in the morning so that he is not in school hurting.
I don't buy pop and limit all that stuff. His dentist said once a year which he usually goes right before school starts. I don't even think he's in 24-7 pain. He was complaining when we were out shopping yesterday but hasn't since.
Locked Previous topicNext topic