how much does your electric bill run in the winter time

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have prepaid electric. This is the first winter that we had central heat since we moved here. We used to have gas. I am using between $16-22 a day. so pretty month that's going to be between $450-$650 a month. That can't be right, right! I don't know what is using so much electric. we turn lights off when we leave a room. heat is set between 68-70 . I added $110 Friday today we have $35 left. I'm going to have to add more probably tomorrow.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ours gets billed at the end of the month. It usually runs $250 to $275. How big is your house and is it well insulated?
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That does seem high. I do prepaid too because the kWh is cheaper. In fact, our electric cost dropped by $200 a month during the summer going to prepaid. All electric plans here have seasonal rates so on winter rates and we have natural gas for heat it’s about $2.13 a day. During the summer, at peak rates it was anywhere from $12 - $14 a day average depending on how hot it was outside and how much the AC kicked on with the thermostat set at 78.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Where do you live and how old is your house?
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mine is between 50-70 in the winter, and that's with running an electric dryer daily, dishwasher 3-4 times a week and using an electric stove 3-4 times a week. But I also live in a low COL area and mine is billed monthly.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Around $550
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

One house is around 140 a month.
The other house where we live runs 200-250 per month
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Around $150 a month in winter, $300 a month in summer. We don't use electric heat in winter but use AC in summer.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I just paid my bill a few days ago. It was $90. I live in Coastal North Carolina.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

We have forced air heat so our gas is always high in the winter. Electric is high between Black Friday and Nee Years as my husband griswalds our house. If I’m honest however I have honestly though no idea what we pay for electric each month…
Locked Previous topicNext topic