Question- how does that work?

highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:40 pm I know! As I said, I was watching the Mexico-Poland match (another tie, BTW, but what a save on the second half by our boy Memo Ochoa! 😁) and these two players pretty much just bumped into each other. I mean, running, it may be somewhat uncomfortable, but then this guy drops to the ground grabbing his leg as if it was chopped off. Seriously? I’ve had nastiest falls than that and I just got up and walked it off.
But hey, it counts for statistics and if it’s a good move to waste playing time that’ll be detrimental for your team, then why not, I guess.
highlandmum wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:34 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:46 pm LOL! I was just telling DS that. We live in Mexico, so obviously we’re glued to the TV right now, but yeah, that pisses me off. It’s like this alleged big, strong, men all muscle, in great shape and tripping over or just bumping into the other guy is like they broke both their legs and have a concussion 😂

I'm a huge hockey fan so it really pisses me off. I watched a hockey game where the player took a stick to the face, he continued playing till the whistle, then skated to the bench, pulled his own tooth, handed it to the trainer (who took it with no hesitation), then went back on the ice for the power play. Not to mention the player that finished his shift after he leg was broken on the play. I just have no respect for a athlete who is pretending they are hurt.
But the thing with soccer is it does not waste time, all they do is add it to the end of the half. Heck the England vs Iran game they had 13.59 minutes added the first half and 13:05 minutes added to the second half. So you had 27 minutes added to a 90 minute game.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:42 pm I just want to know why Doha is breaking its promise on allowing any cooked Kosher food to be sold at FIFA World Cup.
What does that mean?

That they’re supposed to only serve kosher food, or that they were supposed to serve halal food ? Or were bacon cheeseburgers supposed to be on the menu?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:04 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:42 pm I just want to know why Doha is breaking its promise on allowing any cooked Kosher food to be sold at FIFA World Cup.
What does that mean?

That they’re supposed to only serve kosher food, or that they were supposed to serve halal food ? Or were bacon cheeseburgers supposed to be on the menu?
It was in the Jerusalem post I will try to find it if you like.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It’s my understanding that initially they said there would be cooked kosher food available during the World Cup. They also said that they would provide a venue for Jewish religious services and at the end, they retracted. However, there’s still cold kosher meals like sandwiches or salads and, of course, all fruits and vegetables are kosher. It’s not that kosher food is banned.
As I said in my reply, they claimed security reasons and TBH, I can see what they mean. It’s an Arab country, where there’s likely to be hostility and possible aggression towards Israelis and Jews. You have a large gathering and it could be dangerous. The same thing happened with providing a venue for Jewish prayers. It’s not like they’re prohibiting Jews to pray, but they’re not providing a specific public venue to do it, again, for security reasons.
BobCobbMagob wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:04 pm
What does that mean?

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic