Omg so this happened

Anonymous 1

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:33 pm People are dumb. I once got a complaint because the prices were too high. Umm for one it's a drugstore. Prices are going to be high. And two I don't set the prices lol.
I was at rite aid and someone was complaining about prices. Like the poor teenager behind the counter has a say.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:51 pm I find that completely odd. You can’t say you don’t care for an entertainer anymore? I don’t understand how your employer turned that into racism.

Anyway, be careful what you post.
They don't see anything wrong with what I said. But my job has 0 tolerance policy on rasicm sontgey need to look into me.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:43 pm You deserve it. Don't run your mouth on social media when it's against company policy.
It's not against policy. The social media policy states no hippa violations.
User avatar
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 5265
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 3:57 am
Location: Tennessee

Unread post

On Juneteenth this year, someone posted something complaining that the festivities were cancelled. I said “they probably got canceled because of the rain.” Nothing more, nothing less. They reported me to Facebook for racism — and I got slapped on the wrist for it.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:33 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:51 pm I find that completely odd. You can’t say you don’t care for an entertainer anymore? I don’t understand how your employer turned that into racism.

Anyway, be careful what you post.
I don't think the employer sees it as racist. I think a client saw it as racist and the client reported it to the employer. And now the employer has to go through proper procedures to appease the client.

That's how I read it anyway.
I don't see this as being the proper procedure honestly though... A customer made a complaint the complaint was looked into and found to not be with the customer said so therefore the employee should not be in trouble. An investigation was done in the findings didn't match the complaint. Smh. I wouldn't work for that company either
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:44 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:51 pm I find that completely odd. You can’t say you don’t care for an entertainer anymore? I don’t understand how your employer turned that into racism.

Anyway, be careful what you post.
They don't see anything wrong with what I said. But my job has 0 tolerance policy on rasicm sontgey need to look into me.
Having a zero tolerance policy does not mean that you automatically get suspended or reprimanded when they find out that what you did was not in fact against policy having a zero tolerance policy means that there is an investigation done and the findings have to match the complaint.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:01 pm
Pjmm wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:58 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:43 pm You deserve it. Don't run your mouth on social media when it's against company policy.
I can understand if she broke HIPAA, dissed her boss, clients, or gave away trade secrets. Or she said racist things about POC. But she literally talked about some pop singer. I’ve heard far worse things from coworkers on the job. Misogynistic and racist things. Being disappointed in Rihanna’s super bowl performance is not even racist and who cares? Is she a client of the place? Then Rihanna doesn’t even care probably. I mean what’s next? I can’t criticize Kamala for her politics?
Breaking policy is breaking policy. It doesn't matter what she was talking about. It doesn't matter if it was racist or not. She knows the policy and went against it anyway. Many companies in healthcare have very strict policies on social media.
It doesn't matter if it was racist or not?

Why the hell not?? If they told her it was because it was a racist comment, and it WASN'T, why the hell should it be an issue???
Anonymous 4

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:11 pm On Juneteenth this year, someone posted something complaining that the festivities were cancelled. I said “they probably got canceled because of the rain.” Nothing more, nothing less. They reported me to Facebook for racism — and I got slapped on the wrist for it.
People don't even know what the word means anymore. So stupid.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Don’t post on a public page.
Any opinions I share are on my private locked down profile, that doesn’t even have my full name. I won’t even ‘like’ controversial public posts. Too many bored people are quick to click the profile names.


You live and learn.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:24 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:33 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:51 pm I find that completely odd. You can’t say you don’t care for an entertainer anymore? I don’t understand how your employer turned that into racism.

Anyway, be careful what you post.
I don't think the employer sees it as racist. I think a client saw it as racist and the client reported it to the employer. And now the employer has to go through proper procedures to appease the client.

That's how I read it anyway.
I don't see this as being the proper procedure honestly though... A customer made a complaint the complaint was looked into and found to not be with the customer said so therefore the employee should not be in trouble. An investigation was done in the findings didn't match the complaint. Smh. I wouldn't work for that company either
The procedure is if there is a complaint about rasicm it is an automatic 3 day suspension. I did have that meeting and they said my comment was not racist. They took the meeting notes to another higher up. Depending on what he says I could be fired.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic