I'm so excited for my 20k refund

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:26 am Wait what? How do you get a refund for paying on your loans? I want a refund. I paid mine off last year.
Anything paid during the payment freeze can be refunded.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:32 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:05 am With all those kids and all your troubles with SM, you're going to need it 😂😂😂
Why do you assume this is anyone who's posted about those things?
People just like to be dicks here and go against what the people who run the site say.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:26 am Wait what? How do you get a refund for paying on your loans? I want a refund. I paid mine off last year.
They're only available in Trolltown. You have to move there in order to qualify. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The application process hasn’t started yet so no one has been approved for a refund or loan forgiveness yet. Once it opens if you are making under a certain income you are eligible for a $10 thousand dollar loan forgiveness. If you had gotten government grants for low income students you will qualify for an additional $10,000.

You’ll have to find out the dates of who qualifies who has already paid them off. I think it’s a great idea and will help stimulate the economy. My husband and I didn’t take student loans and neither do our children but this should be supported because it’s a positive thing.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:32 pm
The application process hasn’t started yet so no one has been approved for a refund or loan forgiveness yet. Once it opens if you are making under a certain income you are eligible for a $10 thousand dollar loan forgiveness. If you had gotten government grants for low income students you will qualify for an additional $10,000.

You’ll have to find out the dates of who qualifies who has already paid them off. I think it’s a great idea and will help stimulate the economy. My husband and I didn’t take student loans and neither do our children but this should be supported because it’s a positive thing.
You have to get the refund first and then apply. It's better to do it sooner rather than later. The balance of your loan goes back and then will be forgiven after the application like everyone elses.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:20 pm
They're only available in Trolltown. You have to move there in order to qualify. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not true at all. Anyone who paid towards or off the loans that fall under the forgiveness program during the payment freeze can get a refund.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:43 am

You have to get the refund first and then apply. It's better to do it sooner rather than later. The balance of your loan goes back and then will be forgiven after the application like everyone elses.
You’re not even making any sense. If you didn’t initially receive a Pell Grant from the government when you went to school you don’t get $20,000 forgiveness, it drops to$10,000. And that’s only if you’re under the income limit. No one is handing over $20,000 without verifications.

It’s not cool to lie on something so important to so many people.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:09 am

You’re not even making any sense. If you didn’t initially receive a Pell Grant from the government when you went to school you don’t get $20,000 forgiveness, it drops to$10,000. And that’s only if you’re under the income limit. No one is handing over $20,000 without verifications.

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be confusing. I got pell grants. So I qualify for the 20k in loan forgiveness. I paid off that much during the payment freeze so I can get a refund for the money that I paid. I still have to do the loan forgiveness application like everyone else. Even if you don't qualify for the loan forgiveness you can still request a refund for any money paid. You just have to pay off the balance.

This is probably way better at explaining it than I am
FbFtK6ZXoAAVd16.jpeg
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yay!

Don't blow it, though! Be smart with it.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:15 am
Lemons wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:09 am

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be confusing. I got pell grants. So I qualify for the 20k in loan forgiveness. I paid off that much during the payment freeze so I can get a refund for the money that I paid. I still have to do the loan forgiveness application like everyone else. Even if you don't qualify for the loan forgiveness you can still request a refund for any money paid. You just have to pay off the balance.

This is probably way better at explaining it than I am

FbFtK6ZXoAAVd16.jpeg
I think you’re confused. That’s a totally different thing. It refers to people who chose to keep paying their student loans even though they were not required to during the requirement. They can get refunded whatever they paid during that time period. This is totally separate from the loan forgiveness program.

How much did you pay back between March 2020 through today? That’s what they will refund.
Locked Previous topicNext topic