Have you (or would you)....

sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: ↑Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:44 pm Many years ago I planned to go with some of my friends.. on the way there we got into a car accident with an 18 wheeler(crushed the front of the car.) We cancelled and I’ve never thought about again. I did however do indoor skydiving.. it was good enough. πŸ˜€
Oh no!! Hopefully you were all ok, but that definitely would have been a sign for me to not go....
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: ↑Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:45 pm I haven't tried it, only bungee jumping. I would have been all for it in my younger years but I've turned chicken as I've aged, I'm not sure I could work up the courage!
Bungee jumping has never held much appeal for me... I kind of figured I would never get the opportunity to go skydiving, but when DS brought it up it was hard to tell him no. I am already nervous though and we don't go for almost 2 weeks....
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

sarah824 wrote: ↑Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:51 pm
Inmybizz wrote: ↑Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:44 pm Many years ago I planned to go with some of my friends.. on the way there we got into a car accident with an 18 wheeler(crushed the front of the car.) We cancelled and I’ve never thought about again. I did however do indoor skydiving.. it was good enough. πŸ˜€
Oh no!! Hopefully you were all ok, but that definitely would have been a sign for me to not go....
Yes, we were fine..
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

sarah824 wrote: ↑Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:16 pm
highlandmum wrote: ↑Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:09 pm
sarah824 wrote: ↑Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:01 pm ever been skydiving?

I just booked it for DS and I as his 18th birthday present. Eeek.... :-) It has been a bucket list item for me for a LONG time so when DS brought it up it seemed like the right time! Excited & nervous all at the same time. We are going on October 9th!

Tell me your experiences if you have done it...
I have, I have gone twice, once was a tandem and the other time was a solo. I found bungee jumping more nerve racking. Are you doing a solo jump or going tandem?

DS would love to go however his sports contract prohibits that and a lot of other things.
It will be a tandem jump. Bungee jumping has never appealed to me, but skydiving has been something I've wanted to do for a long time...
Enjoy the view. Once the chute is deployed just enjoy the moment and take it all in. Strange thing is once the chute is deployed it is strangely relaxing.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That is not just a no...that is a HELL no from me. Dh did it 7 years ago for his 40th. It was something he had always wanted to do, so I bought him a jump for his birthday. His brother did it with him for his 37th. They loved it. My niece did it for her 18th and loved it. I have zero compulsion to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. I don't do heights so that, bunjee jumping, going up a ski lift- all out. ( I had a nervous breakdown going up a mountain in China on a ski lift in 2016 and that sealed it for me.)
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: ↑Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:01 pm
sarah824 wrote: ↑Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:16 pm
highlandmum wrote: ↑Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:09 pm

I have, I have gone twice, once was a tandem and the other time was a solo. I found bungee jumping more nerve racking. Are you doing a solo jump or going tandem?

DS would love to go however his sports contract prohibits that and a lot of other things.
It will be a tandem jump. Bungee jumping has never appealed to me, but skydiving has been something I've wanted to do for a long time...
Enjoy the view. Once the chute is deployed just enjoy the moment and take it all in. Strange thing is once the chute is deployed it is strangely relaxing.
Thank you! I am looking forward to it!
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Nope, no way, not a chance in hell…I’m another one who does not do heights.

Hope you enjoy it though.
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

No, I'm too scared and have too much anxiety. My husband loves skydiving. He has done it 9 times and gets a video every time. He used to want to work towards being a skydiving instructor, or at least have enough hours to qualify to go without tandem. Now he says he wants to do one more and "retire" because he knows how much anxiety it gives me. I have obviously never and would never tell him he can't go skydiving. I also told my kids that they can go when they turn 18 but not before.

I know that statistically, skydiving is safer than driving which I do every single day. I just don't think I will ever get over the anxiety.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

RIZZY1 wrote: ↑Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:19 pm No, I'm too scared and have too much anxiety. My husband loves skydiving. He has done it 9 times and gets a video every time. He used to want to work towards being a skydiving instructor, or at least have enough hours to qualify to go without tandem. Now he says he wants to do one more and "retire" because he knows how much anxiety it gives me. I have obviously never and would never tell him he can't go skydiving. I also told my kids that they can go when they turn 18 but not before.

I know that statistically, skydiving is safer than driving which I do every single day. I just don't think I will ever get over the anxiety.
Do you not have the option of the courses to do a solo? Here you can take a AFF course and then you can jump under supervision of two instructors.
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: ↑Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:40 pm
RIZZY1 wrote: ↑Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:19 pm No, I'm too scared and have too much anxiety. My husband loves skydiving. He has done it 9 times and gets a video every time. He used to want to work towards being a skydiving instructor, or at least have enough hours to qualify to go without tandem. Now he says he wants to do one more and "retire" because he knows how much anxiety it gives me. I have obviously never and would never tell him he can't go skydiving. I also told my kids that they can go when they turn 18 but not before.

Do you not have the option of the courses to do a solo? Here you can take a AFF course and then you can jump under supervision of two instructors.
I don't actually remember what he said he needed to do to go solo. Maybe there's a course. I'm pretty sure you can also earn it by having a certain number of jumps within a certain time frame.
Locked Previous topicNext topic