Have you (or would you)....

sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

ever been skydiving?

I just booked it for DS and I as his 18th birthday present. Eeek.... :-) It has been a bucket list item for me for a LONG time so when DS brought it up it seemed like the right time! Excited & nervous all at the same time. We are going on October 9th!

Tell me your experiences if you have done it...
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

NOPE. Not a chance in hell. I've got this thing against hurling towards the ground at a high velocity with nothing more than some cloth to hopefully prevent my death but only if it deploys correctly.

Let's not even add that I can no longer handle riding roller coasters. I used to love them but as I've aged all they do is make me dizzy and churn my stomach. So even the idea of jumping out a plane makes me want to puke.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

sarah824 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:01 pm ever been skydiving?

I just booked it for DS and I as his 18th birthday present. Eeek.... :-) It has been a bucket list item for me for a LONG time so when DS brought it up it seemed like the right time! Excited & nervous all at the same time. We are going on October 9th!

I have, I have gone twice, once was a tandem and the other time was a solo. I found bungee jumping more nerve racking. Are you doing a solo jump or going tandem?

DS would love to go however his sports contract prohibits that and a lot of other things.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

NO WAY. I'm scared of everything. I would never do that. I booked a few snorkel trips for our caribbean vacation next year already and now I'm losing sleep I will die out there lol.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:09 pm
sarah824 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:01 pm ever been skydiving?

I have, I have gone twice, once was a tandem and the other time was a solo. I found bungee jumping more nerve racking. Are you doing a solo jump or going tandem?

DS would love to go however his sports contract prohibits that and a lot of other things.
It will be a tandem jump. Bungee jumping has never appealed to me, but skydiving has been something I've wanted to do for a long time...
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Nope nope nope. Big fat no for me. I don’t like heights. I’ve sucked it up and gone zip lining before but I could barely force myself to step off the platforms. f**k jumping out of a small plane. Good luck to you both though! Hope you have fun!
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No way! Have fun!
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Many years ago I planned to go with some of my friends.. on the way there we got into a car accident with an 18 wheeler(crushed the front of the car.) We cancelled and I’ve never thought about again. I did however do indoor skydiving.. it was good enough. 😀
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I haven't tried it, only bungee jumping. I would have been all for it in my younger years but I've turned chicken as I've aged, I'm not sure I could work up the courage!
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No chance in hell. I won’t even jump off of a diving board lol
Locked Previous topicNext topic