Will you be scaling back on your holiday shopping?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I saw a segment on the Today show yesterday that many retailers (Target etc) will start their deal days in October this year because they anticipate the economy getting even worse by December so they are trying to get people to buy now. I DO plan on scaling back. Not because of finances just because it's the same junk year after year that I buy and it just sits around. Too much stuff. I like to go all out but it's just not necessary anymore as my kids get older. How about you?
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I've gotten some pretty significant raises over the last year so I'll be doing more. I'm already just about finished shopping for my 3 year old's bday and xmas. Just gotta get the big kids knocked out but it's so much harder when they are older.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Probably not but we also don’t normally spend much for Christmas.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:23 am I've gotten some pretty significant raises over the last year so I'll be doing more. I'm already just about finished shopping for my 3 year old's bday and xmas. Just gotta get the big kids knocked out but it's so much harder when they are older.
I haven’t experienced that but I know a lot of people who say this.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No, but we do a pj box on CE, then we do want- need- wear- read and a stocking. I don't start shopping until after dd's birthday as it is 11/5 so I'm still ruminating on what everyone will get.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
mrsjules79
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

We don't even do gifts anymore but not because of the economy or finances.
Catdaughter20
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I don't spend much as it is, maybe a couple hundred.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I try every year, but I'm never successful. I've already spent over $1000 on Halloween this year. 😩
My willpower needs some work.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I'm broke so no Christmas presents this year but my kids are adults so they're okay with that. Just a nice meal together and a day of watching Christmas movies in our PJs.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Anonymous 3

Unread post

No dh got a nice raise and I already got him his present anyways. I started shopping for the kids too.
Locked Previous topicNext topic