Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:04 pm
Pjmm wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:44 am
AZOldCoot wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:37 am In my brain, I'm thinking a thicker liquid would cause worse issues with his swallowing? Is he able to drink water?

Has he been to an ENT and a pulmonologist?
They do use thickener with stroke patients who need to relearn swallowing. I’m not a speech therapist but the thickener makes swallowing easier somehow. The kids should be seeing a speech therapist, OT, and Probably has PT also. An ENT probably isn’t a bad idea. My youngest has speech apraxia and until recently would gag on certain foods. Spit them up. I couldn’t get speech to look into because he ate well enough for them. I’m encouraging him to eat vegetables which he can if they’re in soups or dips. Idk why it’s a problem but I guess it’s the speech apraxia.
I'm so sorry he goes through this.

I've really learned a lot in these replies to me.
Thanks. He’s better now. Just struggles with some textures. For some reason vegetables are hard but now he can eat a few, mostly beans. And he talks fine now. He didn’t speak until he was nearly four . I’ve never had to use thickener for him thankfully but I know about it.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:45 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:33 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:48 am

Gotcha thanks for the info. I know i could have googled it but just didn't wanna haha. I know some older people who drink thick liquids but never thought to ask why.
They do that with Alzheimer's patients too. The swallow function starts to leave them, so you mix a pack of thickener in We used nectar thick with my ma, and it's pretty easy. I don't know why this woman just can't take care of the little boy how she's supposed to.
My mom has dementia, i hope this doesn't happen to her
I'm very sorry to hear that #3. Best of luck to you, your mom, and your family. 💐💐💐
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:55 am
AZOldCoot wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:37 am In my brain, I'm thinking a thicker liquid would cause worse issues with his swallowing? Is he able to drink water?

My mom sometimes has issues swallowing thicker liquids seem to work best maybe because it goes down slower. Thin liquids she always chokes(goes down the wrong pipe.)
How is Mom these days Bizz? Stable I hope? 💐💐💐
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:55 am

My mom sometimes has issues swallowing thicker liquids seem to work best maybe because it goes down slower. Thin liquids she always chokes(goes down the wrong pipe.)
Thank you for asking. It’s a long story but, she’s not stable.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I'm sorry this happened. My ex's exfiance was a nurse. She always thought she knew better then me. She didn't take mybson's asthma serious. He ended up in the hospital. My ex wasn't happy when he had supervised visitation only. He broke it off with her.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:32 am
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:55 am

Thank you for asking. It’s a long story but, she’s not stable.
I'm so incredibly sorry to hear that.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Locked Previous topicNext topic