Can you get away for an hour or two?

RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

mrsjules79 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:03 pm
RIZZY1 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:36 pm
mrsjules79 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:12 am Empty nester so yep! Honestly, it was easier getting time away (once I was married to DD's step dad) when she was little vs. when she was older because of all of her activities.

BTW, what part of Houston? I am west of the city.
Katy!
ME TOO!
Cool! Everyone who has never been to a Villasport gets a free one-day pass. You don't need to go with a member. I was super intimidated when I first started going so if you want, I can show you around. Then you can go again and use one of my guest passes, I'll just check you in. I negotiated hard for those and I don't want them to go to waste! LOL
Anonymous 4

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:09 pm Raises hand longingly!

I can get away but I'm recently separated and making an effort to do things for myself. Prior to separation, I wouldn't have thought that I had time to take away from my family. Warped, I know.
Oohhhhhhh Nooooooo! I'm sorry to hear that. You've talked a bit about some of his issues and I've been hoping you guys would get past it.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:05 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:09 pm Raises hand longingly!

I can get away but I'm recently separated and making an effort to do things for myself. Prior to separation, I wouldn't have thought that I had time to take away from my family. Warped, I know.
Oohhhhhhh Nooooooo! I'm sorry to hear that. You've talked a bit about some of his issues and I've been hoping you guys would get past it.
Thanks. I said "recently" but we've been separated since last November. It's been super challenging but overall a good thing.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I mean, I can't speak for your friends because I don't know their specific situations. Some people are genuinely that busy and can't cut anything out for the fun things. But, you do know them, so since you brought up the topic, I do think that a lot of mothers today think that they have to do it all or they feel guilty. I also think that kids today have a lot less independence and the pressure to do things for them often falls on the mom.
I say that my kids are my life, but they aren't my identity. Someday they are all going to be adults and I'm going to be left with myself and my husband. I have six kids, I need to leave space for myself. So, I go to every big competition, but I don't go to away games and practices. My kids still know how proud I am of them and I make sure to stay involved and to ask active questions about how their practice went. Once they are old enough to reach the counter, they are old enough to make their own lunch. But, I put in the hours to teach them how to make a balanced meal and we cook dinner together on a regular basis. If I skip a night of making dinner with them or I miss a game to go do something with friends, it is okay because I am confident in my relationship with them and they know that I care. But, I think society puts a lot of guilt and pressure on moms making them think they have to do those things or their kids will think they don't care.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Right now I could. DS is 13 going on 14 and I have quite a bit of time for myself.
However in a few months when baby arrives— I’ll be kissing goodbye to my free time for the next 13 or so years again
Locked Previous topicNext topic