Can you get away for an hour or two?

mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That’s not my cup of tea, so definitely wouldn’t have a high priority for me. But yes, most of the household load is still on the woman at least in my neck of the woods and experience. That’s not to say men/husbands don’t help more than their fathers, but again there’s still that guilt or sense that you have to do everything. 🤷‍♀️
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I can, but I feel guilty about it. I did recently spend the day with my sister and that was a much needed break. Tomorrow we have to get the kids new clothes. I may leave my husband and boys at Target while I go to the other stores in the shopping center alone. To me that's a break lol.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Maybe, I am pretty busy these days. Lately, I have not even been getting my steps in!
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

When I stayed at home from birth it til kindergarten my husband and I made it a point to do just that. He went and played hand ball on Tuesday nights. On Thursday’s I’d go see a movie or just go to Target.

Self care for women is deemed as selfish because we are to wives and mothers who also hold down a full time job…I don’t think it’s warped, but an unreasonable expectation.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

When my children were younger it depended on if they had anything on the weekend, and where it was. If they did and it was out of town then no I would not be able to go. Now this was not every weekend but many of them during hockey season I was out of commission. After work, most nights no I would not be able to, I spent my nights running from one side of the city to the other.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I can and do take time to pursue my own interests. Overnight trips with friends, multi-day professional workshops, fitness classes or meet-up groups to hike or paddle, travel to see family. DH is much more of a homebody than I am, and there is nothing around the house that he can't handle as well or better than I would.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Now I can, but I had a few years where it wouldn't have been so easy. I was a very young single mom and we were pretty broke for the first 7-8 years of my son's life. I was lucky to have had a trustworthy and relatively affordable babysitter, but it would depend on what else I was dealing with on the expenses front. I remember some months where spending money on a babysitter just so I can have some fun wouldn't have been a wise choice.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I have always made time for myself even when my kid was a baby. I was a stay at home mom so I made it a priority I get out of the house alone and do things to feed my soul.

Now that the kid is in college I do what I want…when I want to.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It's easier now, but still not super easy some days. I have one that drives, but is super busy and not home a lot these days between school/work/karate, etc . We only have the two cars, so if I leave and she is gone that means Dh ( works from home) is stuck with no vehicle in an emergency..especially if the 14 year old is home too doing schoolwork since we homeschool. I'm a homebody though so unless I *have* to go out, I stay home. I'm pretty content here at home.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
mrsjules79
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Empty nester so yep! Honestly, it was easier getting time away (once I was married to DD's step dad) when she was little vs. when she was older because of all of her activities.

BTW, what part of Houston? I am west of the city.
Locked Previous topicNext topic