Are you against unisex dressing rooms in stores?

Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I am not against unisex dressing rooms but dressing rooms should have a latch. If there is only a curtain then the dressing rooms need an attendant outside the rooms to make sure no one disturbs a customer that is changing whether it is an accident or not.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:49 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:45 pm No. Not at all.
So you don't mind if men move the curtain and peek at you?
How many dressing rooms use curtains? Maybe some goodwill in some one horse town might. But every one I’ve been in, even thrift stores, use doors. And usually there’s an attendant to ensure you leave with the same amount of clothes you walked in with. So I personally wouldn’t care. I think I even used unisex dressing rooms in a Humane society thrift store. There were two rooms next to each other with doors. Also I don’t Know any men that typically use dressing rooms. My dad, ex and my kids look at the collar size, and pants waist. The last time ds used a dressing room he was buying a suit.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:05 pm
How many dressing rooms use curtains? Maybe some goodwill in some one horse town might. But every one I’ve been in, even thrift stores, use doors. And usually there’s an attendant to ensure you leave with the same amount of clothes you walked in with. So I personally wouldn’t care. I think I even used unisex dressing rooms in a Humane society thrift store. There were two rooms next to each other with doors. Also I don’t Know any men that typically use dressing rooms. My dad, ex and my kids look at the collar size, and pants waist. The last time ds used a dressing room he was buying a suit.
Small town dweller here. Most of our small clothing shops and thrift stores have a curtain in the corner for people to change behind. I'll try on if a bottom or top but choose to take home and return if I have to get completely naked! My son on the other hand has sensory issues and won't buy anything that he hasn't tried on and worn around the shop for a few minutes. He's fearless, lol.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I prefer dressing rooms with locking doors…I would have a problem if some guy peeped in on my daughter.. I rarely use the dressing room unless I’m buying something to go out in(formal.)
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:11 pm

Small town dweller here. Most of our small clothing shops and thrift stores have a curtain in the corner for people to change behind. I'll try on if a bottom or top but choose to take home and return if I have to get completely naked! My son on the other hand has sensory issues and won't buy anything that he hasn't tried on and worn around the shop for a few minutes. He's fearless, lol.
I started buying men’s clothes so I can look at the waist and length. Idk why for the love of God women’s clothes got to have weird sizes like 00,2 12 whatever. While my son says oh here’s a 36 with a 30 length. It’s stupid. I hate trying on clothes but I kinda hate clothes shopping in general. Curtains might feel odd to me but I’d probably just deal with it. I’m older, fat and if someone wants to peek at me they’re probably pretty hard up. 🤣
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I was at Kohl's yesterday and they have curtain rooms. Not a 1 horse town either. Population 73,000.
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Curtains in changing rooms are common enough that I have experienced them but not common enough that I would feel comfortable with them. Even when I have experienced them, they have been segregated according to S*x/gender.

I don't think curtains are acceptable, even in segregated changing rooms. They need to have doors which go floor to ceiling, or at least very low to the ground.

No, I wouldn't find this acceptable. Any unisex changing room needs to have locking doors which give a wide degree of privacy.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:26 pm

I was at Kohl's yesterday and they have curtain rooms. Not a 1 horse town either. Population 73,000.
I think our Kohl’s has doors but typically I don’t shop there. It’s just not something I see often.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I haven't seen dressing rooms that don't lock in over 30 years. IME, all dressing rooms are individual with a door lock so this is a non-issue.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Not against it at all for the purpose intended.

For those arguing against it let’s be real…most dressing rooms aren’t monitored. So if a rouge male or female enters the dressing room for the purpose of peeping—who is really going to stop them???
Locked Previous topicNext topic