My Neighbors...

Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So I have lived in my neighborhood almost 6 yrs. In the last 5 1/2 yrs, there was no issue. There is multi-generational family next door to me that has had police activity on and off through the years I've been here but for the most part, nothing that has affected us directly.

This all changed around Memorial Day weekend. The oldest member of the family next door has gone on drug benders and ends up freaking out, banging on our door, screaming over the fence, etc. I've had to call the police a few times for this because dude has woken us up in the middle of the night pounding on our door, blowing up our doorbell, banging on the side of the house.

The last week, I've woken up to my car covered in food with empty food containers all over our driveways (Danimal yogurt drinks). Based off where it's hitting my car and trajectory, it appears the kids are throwing stuff out the living room window and hitting my car. First time was a few days ago. And again this morning.

I have security cameras but they're not picking anything up since there's no actual movement outside. I have made police reports, but basically not much else can be done short of parking my car out of the line of fire (which i do not wish to do because it's my damned driveway). I have also attempted to talk to the adults, but they blow me off and won't answer the door. The kids are fairly young, around 5 and 9, I believe.

I'm super tempted to chuck my dog's poop through their open window when I go out later to clean the backyard. That's how annoyed I am. I won't do that obviously but I can't say it won't happen on impulse next time I find my car covered in food.

Any other suggestions beyond what I've done? Police told me unless it becomes super destructive (like keying or slashing tires), there isn't much they can do but make a report.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Call cps
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:51 pmCall cps
At first I thought these kids were teens or young adults. But five and nine? Yeah I’d call CPS too.
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have wondered about that. I'm not 100% clear if the kids even live there anymore since I hardly ever see them outside anymore. But I do know that they were at the house the nights this has happened. I will def do that next. Thank you for the suggestion!
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Murdoc's Mistress wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:54 pm
I have wondered about that. I'm not 100% clear if the kids even live there anymore since I hardly ever see them outside anymore. But I do know that they were at the house the nights this has happened. I will def do that next. Thank you for the suggestion!
You could also call the non-emergency police number and have them just do a well check
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Have you reported the man who is clearly under the influence harassing you? I understand the food on the car is of course not acceptable and a huge annoyance, but my concern is mainly for the children living in that house.
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Get a sprinkler with a timer directed at their open window. Lol.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Just trying to think of suggestions...do you have an HOA? They can be fined for litter.
Locked Previous topicNext topic