BM is trying to control what TV shows we watch in the house

Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mom needs to understand that the rules will be different in the other parent's home. Ignore her.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mom doesn't get to decide details of how things are in Dad's house, and vice versa. That's what happens when there is a divorce and shared time between both homes.

That being said, that's why I hate divorce when kids are involved and think it should be a last resort. Because all these different rules for different homes has an effect on the children the most. I honestly would not be opposed to divorce and separation being a whole lot harder when kids are involved. More hoops to jump through to obtain it or something like that. Maybe it would make people think twice before they have kids with someone. But I know that's going to be an unpopular opinion.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:37 am Her kids her rules. SM needs to know her place.
sm house sm rules bm needs to learn her place.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

While I generally agree with each house sets their own rules, that show is not appropriate.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:32 pm Mom doesn't get to decide details of how things are in Dad's house, and vice versa. That's what happens when there is a divorce and shared time between both homes.

That being said, that's why I hate divorce when kids are involved and think it should be a last resort. Because all these different rules for different homes has an effect on the children the most. I honestly would not be opposed to divorce and separation being a whole lot harder when kids are involved. More hoops to jump through to obtain it or something like that. Maybe it would make people think twice before they have kids with someone. But I know that's going to be an unpopular opinion.
What type of hoops? I divorced when my kids were 8 & 5 and I would have been really pissed if I 'had' to stay with my exhusband because of the kids. I was just so done with him. I also remarried very quickly after (6 months) and I can't even imagine missing out on my now husband of 16 years who I adore because of hoops. BTW those kids are now 25 & 21 are doing great.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:32 pm Mom doesn't get to decide details of how things are in Dad's house, and vice versa. That's what happens when there is a divorce and shared time between both homes.

So you rather kids live in a home where their parents are angry and arguing all the time, because they are forced to stay together for the kids? Because that is exactly what is going to happen if you put up "hoops to jump through" just to get a divorce. Or one parent will just move out and "stay married" on paper.... It isn't going to stop a separation. Plus who gets to set these "hoops?"
Anonymous 7

Unread post

It's pretty hard in my state. I'm not sure what additional hoops should/could be added?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:44 am Exactly! It seems to me that these BM vs SM crap is all about winning. And the well-being of the kids is an afterthought, if anything. If BM has a point, then if BM has a point, then that’s that. And she does, so swallow your pride and acknowledge it. It’s not like she doesn’t want her teenagers to watch SpongeBob. This is a MA rated show with scenes and concepts that may be inappropriate for younger audiences. She’s not that way off.
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:02 am I haven’t seen this particular show but if it has content that isn’t age appropriate, I wouldn't let them watch if either parent had a problem with it but that’s just me.

That’s not something I’d get into a pissing match about.
Its so stupid. A valid point is a valid point, no matter whose mouth it comes out of and I'm old enough to know when a show has content that is not age appropriate. There were shows BM/DH didn't want my steps exposed to and it really wasn't that damn hard for either household to just watch something else.

If half of these posts are true, I will never understand the point of creating unnecessary problems as if managing blended families and co-parenting isn't challenging enough. I could not image getting mad about half of this shit.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Not BM’s house. It’s up to dad.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Different homes different rules shouldn’t be the answer for everything. Certain things there should be consistency between homes…
Locked Previous topicNext topic