The mistress wants me to get a DNA test and be there for her kids after my dad died

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My dad was a real piece of shit and had an affair after 30 years of marriage. The same day my mom found out he packed up everything and moved in with the other woman. He announced it to the family by sending everyone pictures of him and the mistress kissing and other more sexual things. She is a good 25ish years younger than him. He said that maybe if my mom had taken better care of herself it wouldn't have happened

We were all shocked and devastated. My mom took it hard of course. She has always been in great shape but no matter how hard you try when you are 55 you dont look 25.

He expected everyone to be happy for them. I honestly could not look at my dad the same. Every good memory was ruined and felt like a lie. I cut him out of my life. All of the family cut him off and no one has talked to him in years.

Last month we found out he died of a heart attack. The woman never told anyone when he died. This was a few months ago. The reason she even contacted me was because she just had a baby and wants a DNA test from me. She also wants us to be a part of her kid's lives.

None of us care about the kids or the mistress. She has been trying to contact us saying that the baby/kids are family and we should be close seeing as our dad died. Yes we share DNA but those children will never be family to us. We all said no to the DNA testing. None of us will help her at all she mentioned bringing it to court to make one of us do it.

My brother told her that she might as well try to get DNA from our deceased father because none of us will do it willingly. She knowingly was the other woman and she knowingly broke up a marriage and then bragged about it to everyone. She shouldn't be expecting anything from us. If she wanted her kids to be part of a loving family she should have found an unmarried man or at least waited until the divorce. I am not sure why she can't use DNA from her other kids. I told her never to contact me again.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m confused of why she is asking for DNA. Does she have doubts if the baby is your fathers or is she trying to get social security established for the child?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:51 am I’m confused of why she is asking for DNA. Does she have doubts if the baby is your fathers or is she trying to get social security established for the child?
I assumed for the benefits but I don't actually know. I'm not sure why she can't test her other kids... It does make me question what is going on but not enough to do shit for her.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Why would she need a DNA test from you? Even if she’s trying to get benefits why does she need you to be involved?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:01 am Why would she need a DNA test from you? Even if she’s trying to get benefits why does she need you to be involved?
Supposedly either me or one of my siblings must get tested. I'm not sure why she can't test her older kids, it doesn't make sense. I guess maybe because that just proves that they are related and not that my dad is the father? I'm not sure.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

There's no DNA needed if he is on their birth certificates and if he died before the new baby was born all she has to do is test the other kids.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

How old was your dad?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:48 am How old was your dad?
63 if I remember correctly.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:52 am There's no DNA needed if he is on their birth certificates and if he died before the new baby was born all she has to do is test the other kids.
That's what I thought.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'd tell her bullshit on that. You are under no obligation to help her in any way. I would point out that your dad was as much at fault as she was but remarks such as hers saying you mom didn't take care of herself, etc., id also total BS and you are not responsible to her or her kids. Let her figure it out.
Locked Previous topicNext topic