If you don't like my dogs or the fact that I don't have a fence up... Don't walk past my house

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Personally, I love dogs but I get what you’re saying. It’s like those parents who say “oh, he’s such a rambunctious little boy, but he wouldn’t hurt a fly!”. And in the meantime, the kid is bullying half the neighborhood.
Anonymous 8 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:52 pm I really hate hearing that crap from dog owners. "Ohhhhh he's friendly." "My dogs are nice." I don't care. I don't like dogs, so it doesn't matter how "friendly" you say they are. I don't want them near me!
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't disagree with either of you, but that's not what's happening with OP. Her dogs don't leave her property. So unless the neighbor is coming onto her property, there should be no issues. If the neighbor doesn't want to be near the dogs, she can walk on the other side of the road.

Kind of like how someone a few houses down from me has a dog that is sometimes out in the fenced front yard. When anyone goes by, the dog goes crazy running back and forth along the fence, kicking up dirt (this is a desert) the whole time. If I'm walking or riding by when the dog is out, I'll go to the other side of the road just to avoid breathing in the dirt. But I don't ask the neighbor to keep her dog inside when I'm out walking. That would be ridiculous.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:27 pm Personally, I love dogs but I get what you’re saying. It’s like those parents who say “oh, he’s such a rambunctious little boy, but he wouldn’t hurt a fly!”. And in the meantime, the kid is bullying half the neighborhood.
Anonymous 8 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:52 pm I really hate hearing that crap from dog owners. "Ohhhhh he's friendly." "My dogs are nice." I don't care. I don't like dogs, so it doesn't matter how "friendly" you say they are. I don't want them near me!
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:19 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:04 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:27 pm Yeah.. those underground fences are not foolproof. My cousin's dogs- French Bulldog and Great Dane get out of every underground fence they have...for years.
I hope for all of your sakes that nothing happens because if your dogs get out, they could sue you and your dogs could be put down.
Regular fences aren't fool proof either
My neighbors dog gets out all the time.
Your neighbor is a shitty dog owner and clearly doesn't care enough about the dog to prevent their escape.
She fixes the fence every time. Sometimes they dogs jumps it's, it's a 6ft fence but she's got a pit bull. The dog is nice and she's normally right out there trying to catch him. We help her when we can. She cares very much about her dog.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

I wouldn't worry about it.

If she sounded more reasonable I might offer her my phone number, like another person suggested. But in this case it doesn't sound wise.

So I wouldn't engage with her anymore about it and hopefully she'll calm down when she sees the dogs aren't going to run after her.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

jas wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:59 am IF your dogs ever broke that invisible fence (and I have seen several in my day - even the "best" dogs) be rest assured they will bury you in court.
She is free to walk past your house on county / city property all she wants.
My neighbor’s dogs break the invisible fence constantly. One dog literally runs after cars and people. Several people have been bit.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:32 pm We have an invisible fence (town ordinance means we can't have a structural fence) and have a neighbor who is terrified of our dog. I have her text me when she's going for a walk and I try to bring our dog in. Doesn't always work but at least she knows that we're trying.
I would have no problem doing that at all. They just want me to put up a fence.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:36 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:04 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:27 pm Yeah.. those underground fences are not foolproof. My cousin's dogs- French Bulldog and Great Dane get out of every underground fence they have...for years.
I hope for all of your sakes that nothing happens because if your dogs get out, they could sue you and your dogs could be put down.
Regular fences aren't fool proof either
My neighbors dog gets out all the time.
Depending on the fence it can be better than underground. Nothing is foolproof, but OP acts like it is.
Where did I say that it is fool proof? All I have said is that I'm not worried about it. Worse case if they made it past the fence line I'd call them back or go get them
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have never had an issue with them. My dogs don't even go near the fence line. I always supervise my dogs so I'm not concerned about attacks because I would be right there anyway. I have never once not been able to contain my dogs. My dogs have never gotten out of left my property on their own.
Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:07 pm Invisible fences and underground fences are the least effective and can cause dogs to become violent and reactive. If being used they are used BEST in conjunction with another VISUAL fence or barrier method such as a garden fence. They really are the lazy shitty dog owner solution as they leave your dog vulnerable to attacks from animals coming onto your property and because many shock the dog it leads to dogs becoming fearful and aggressive.

Chain link or wooden fences are better as it provides security from your animal getting out AND prevents other animals from coming onto your property.Though each method has its own downfalls depending on dog breed such as with dogs who dig it still is more effective and goes further to protect your pet. In ALL cases it is the responsibility of the dog owner to properly contain their animal and if their animal has a habit of "getting out" it is the owners responsibility to find out how and take measures to prevent it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

They don't even go near her. They don't even bark at her.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:33 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:05 pm I agree with jas. My dog is also well behaved but I am fully aware she can be enticed by a bunny or squirrel and would barrel right past an underground fence. Even the best dogs ever can be led astray.
I'm not worried about it. Again I've had my dogs for 10 years with no issue with the fence. They have never gone past it once ever.
They haven't gone past it ... that you know of.
Locked Previous topicNext topic