If you don't like my dogs or the fact that I don't have a fence up... Don't walk past my house

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:43 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:33 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:05 pm I agree with jas. My dog is also well behaved but I am fully aware she can be enticed by a bunny or squirrel and would barrel right past an underground fence. Even the best dogs ever can be led astray.
I'm not worried about it. Again I've had my dogs for 10 years with no issue with the fence. They have never gone past it once ever.
Senior dogs can change their personalities. Getting complacent and flippant is asking karma to bite you in the ass.
I am neither of those things.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

The same could be said to people with wooden fences roo
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:45 pm Until they do 🤷‍♀️
Just because something has never happened to you it doesn’t mean it can’t happen.
carterscutie85 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:05 pm I agree with jas. My dog is also well behaved but I am fully aware she can be enticed by a bunny or squirrel and would barrel right past an underground fence. Even the best dogs ever can be led astray.
I'm not worried about it. Again I've had my dogs for 10 years with no issue with the fence. They have never gone past it once ever.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Your average dog will not chew through or break down a brand new, wooden fence. And if they do, there's a major problem.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

We have an invisible fence (town ordinance means we can't have a structural fence) and have a neighbor who is terrified of our dog. I have her text me when she's going for a walk and I try to bring our dog in. Doesn't always work but at least she knows that we're trying.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:04 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:27 pm Yeah.. those underground fences are not foolproof. My cousin's dogs- French Bulldog and Great Dane get out of every underground fence they have...for years.
I hope for all of your sakes that nothing happens because if your dogs get out, they could sue you and your dogs could be put down.
Regular fences aren't fool proof either
My neighbors dog gets out all the time.
Depending on the fence it can be better than underground. Nothing is foolproof, but OP acts like it is.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Invisible fences and underground fences are the least effective and can cause dogs to become violent and reactive. If being used they are used BEST in conjunction with another VISUAL fence or barrier method such as a garden fence. They really are the lazy shitty dog owner solution as they leave your dog vulnerable to attacks from animals coming onto your property and because many shock the dog it leads to dogs becoming fearful and aggressive.

Chain link or wooden fences are better as it provides security from your animal getting out AND prevents other animals from coming onto your property.Though each method has its own downfalls depending on dog breed such as with dogs who dig it still is more effective and goes further to protect your pet. In ALL cases it is the responsibility of the dog owner to properly contain their animal and if their animal has a habit of "getting out" it is the owners responsibility to find out how and take measures to prevent it.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:32 pm Your average dog will not chew through or break down a brand new, wooden fence. And if they do, there's a major problem.
I have a bully mix who did. All our neighbors have dogs too and she's chewed and pulled off fence panels that adjoin the neighbor yards, even freshly replaced panels. I installed a secondary metal fence (4 ft) in front of the wooden fence and split my yard into 2 sections. Now my dog stays off the fence.

Here you can see my dogs, the black metal fence and the wooden fence with 2 panels that have been replaced on the right side.
Attachments
20190808_084423.jpg
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:04 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:27 pm Yeah.. those underground fences are not foolproof. My cousin's dogs- French Bulldog and Great Dane get out of every underground fence they have...for years.
I hope for all of your sakes that nothing happens because if your dogs get out, they could sue you and your dogs could be put down.
Regular fences aren't fool proof either
My neighbors dog gets out all the time.
Your neighbor is a shitty dog owner and clearly doesn't care enough about the dog to prevent their escape.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

I really hate hearing that crap from dog owners. "Ohhhhh he's friendly." "My dogs are nice." I don't care. I don't like dogs, so it doesn't matter how "friendly" you say they are. I don't want them near me!
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Those are much more effective. At least they’re trying to protect their dogs and others with an actual, visual fence, which does make a difference. You seem to not give a crap about either.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:16 pm The same could be said to people with wooden fences roo
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:45 pm Until they do 🤷‍♀️
Just because something has never happened to you it doesn’t mean it can’t happen.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic