If you don't like my dogs or the fact that I don't have a fence up... Don't walk past my house

Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Shitty dog owners are shitty people.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:33 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:05 pm I agree with jas. My dog is also well behaved but I am fully aware she can be enticed by a bunny or squirrel and would barrel right past an underground fence. Even the best dogs ever can be led astray.
I'm not worried about it. Again I've had my dogs for 10 years with no issue with the fence. They have never gone past it once ever.
It only takes once. Those things are not fool proof.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:05 pm I agree with jas. My dog is also well behaved but I am fully aware she can be enticed by a bunny or squirrel and would barrel right past an underground fence. Even the best dogs ever can be led astray.
I'm not worried about it. Again I've had my dogs for 10 years with no issue with the fence. They have never gone past it once ever.
Senior dogs can change their personalities. Getting complacent and flippant is asking karma to bite you in the ass.
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I remember a post just like this on CM...

I think that you are taking a huge risk and alienating your neighbors in the meantime. A dog doesn't have to bite someone to be considered a nuisance and the county can absolutely quarantine and put your dog down if they are perceived as a nuisance. I would not take that chance with my furbabies. I'd get a fence or something.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This.
AZOldCoot wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:10 pm Well, your neighbor's tried, and now it's up to you and your husband to do some hoping and praying even, that your well-behaved dogs don't behave like....well...dogs some day.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Until they do 🤷‍♀️
Just because something has never happened to you it doesn’t mean it can’t happen.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

As long as your dogs stay on your property you are within your rights to refuse to put up a fence. She can walk all she wants on public streets, but she can't tell you what to do on your own property. So if you are confident that your dogs will not break the fence then you shouldn't worry about it.

We have a neighbor who lives across the street who is fearful of dogs. The neighbor right next door to them has one or two small dogs that they let run free in the yard and street and everything when they are out there too. So what the fearful neighbor did as soon as they moved in is they put up a fence around their own entire property. That way fearful neighbor can at least be in her own front yard and doesn't have to worry about a dog encroaching on her space. This is the proper way for a fearful person to handle it IMO. Fence in your own property all you want, but don't tell others what to do with theirs.

My other story on this subject - DH and I used to have a Golden Retriever that we would take on walks (on leash) around the neighborhood. Most of the time dogs that we encounter on these walks are behind fences. But one time one lady's little yappy dog wasn't behind a fence, and it didn't stay on property either. It ran out into the road where we were and latched itself onto our dog, knawing on her hind leg like it was a chew toy. The owner (an elderly lady) just stood on the porch and called the dog's name which the dog was completely ignoring. She did nothing else to try to come get her dog off of our dog. DH had to literally run down the road with our dog to try to outrun this other dog to get away from it. In that case, I tell you, I wanted to punt that little dog like a football and bitch slap the lady. I have no problems with dogs if people control their own dogs - but if you (general) can't control your own dog don't F***ing have it.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:27 pm Yeah.. those underground fences are not foolproof. My cousin's dogs- French Bulldog and Great Dane get out of every underground fence they have...for years.
I hope for all of your sakes that nothing happens because if your dogs get out, they could sue you and your dogs could be put down.
Regular fences aren't fool proof either
My neighbors dog gets out all the time.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I'm with you OP. If she is so scared of dogs then she can walk elsewhere
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Gorilla_Mama wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:11 pm
It only takes once. Those things are not fool proof.
Okay if they went over the fence I'd just go grab them or call them back.
Locked Previous topicNext topic