If you don't like my dogs or the fact that I don't have a fence up... Don't walk past my house

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:16 pm The same could be said to people with wooden fences roo
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:45 pm Until they do 🤷‍♀️
Just because something has never happened to you it doesn’t mean it can’t happen.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:33 pm

I'm not worried about it. Again I've had my dogs for 10 years with no issue with the fence. They have never gone past it once ever.
When my dogs got out of our fence it was our own stupidity. Someone wouldn’t latch the gate properly. And I had one dog who wouldn’t come when called. We had to watch him like a hawk. Now if your invisible fence is foolproof fine I wouldn’t know. But I think wooden and chain link fences are better. But you do you.
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Sidewalks are public domain, anyone can walk on them, and they have the right to feel safe doing so. Invisible fences are not 100% foolproof, nothing is. A fence is also piece of mind, not just a barrier. If/when your dogs bust through your invisible fence, you will be 100% liable for damages. I'd be concerned if I were your neighbor too.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:32 pm Your average dog will not chew through or break down a brand new, wooden fence. And if they do, there's a major problem.
they can however dig under them or jump them, mine do it all the time.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:51 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:16 pm The same could be said to people with wooden fences roo
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:45 pm Until they do 🤷‍♀️
Just because something has never happened to you it doesn’t mean it can’t happen.

When my dogs got out of our fence it was our own stupidity. Someone wouldn’t latch the gate properly. And I had one dog who wouldn’t come when called. We had to watch him like a hawk. Now if your invisible fence is foolproof fine I wouldn’t know. But I think wooden and chain link fences are better. But you do you.
Some dogs aren’t deterred by any type of fence. I’m fully convinced that my daughter’s dog could find his way out of a concrete cage.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Rosehawk wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:11 pm Sidewalks are public domain, anyone can walk on them, and they have the right to feel safe doing so. Invisible fences are not 100% foolproof, nothing is. A fence is also piece of mind, not just a barrier. If/when your dogs bust through your invisible fence, you will be 100% liable for damages. I'd be concerned if I were your neighbor too.
There is no side walks. She walks on the street which I know she legally can but why do that if you are that scared?

If something happened it would be handled within a matter of seconds. Does no one supervise their dogs these days?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 11 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:51 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:33 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:05 pm I agree with jas. My dog is also well behaved but I am fully aware she can be enticed by a bunny or squirrel and would barrel right past an underground fence. Even the best dogs ever can be led astray.
I'm not worried about it. Again I've had my dogs for 10 years with no issue with the fence. They have never gone past it once ever.
They haven't gone past it ... that you know of.
My dogs don't ever go outside without some supervision.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:32 pm We have an invisible fence (town ordinance means we can't have a structural fence) and have a neighbor who is terrified of our dog. I have her text me when she's going for a walk and I try to bring our dog in. Doesn't always work but at least she knows that we're trying.
I absolutely dislike invisible fences, but I disagree with shock collars in general. However, this would be the one exception as there are few other options and those other options are even less than ideal. Plus, clearly yours isn’t sending a very high zap if your dog is occasionally breaking the line.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:20 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:32 pm We have an invisible fence (town ordinance means we can't have a structural fence) and have a neighbor who is terrified of our dog. I have her text me when she's going for a walk and I try to bring our dog in. Doesn't always work but at least she knows that we're trying.
I absolutely dislike invisible fences, but I disagree with shock collars in general. However, this would be the one exception as there are few other options and those other options are even less than ideal. Plus, clearly yours isn’t sending a very high zap if your dog is occasionally breaking the line.
We've had the invisible fence for 20 years and never had any of our dogs break the line or be zapped - we train with the flags and sound and that has been enough. I'm not going to say it can't happen - our daughter's Beagle pays no attention to either the flags or the "shock" and so is always in the backyard with a person and a lead. We would never leave our dogs in the backyard unattended but do stand in the doorway and let them run free when the weather is crappy.
Anonymous 13

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:35 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:27 pm Yeah.. those underground fences are not foolproof. My cousin's dogs- French Bulldog and Great Dane get out of every underground fence they have...for years.
I hope for all of your sakes that nothing happens because if your dogs get out, they could sue you and your dogs could be put down.
They could take me to court for them not being confined but they can't be put down just because they make it over the line. Again it's never once happened through.
If they bite someone they can. I wouldn't potentially risk my dog's life like that. They're older dogs, ergo less patient and potentially crankier.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 13 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:30 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:35 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:27 pm Yeah.. those underground fences are not foolproof. My cousin's dogs- French Bulldog and Great Dane get out of every underground fence they have...for years.
I hope for all of your sakes that nothing happens because if your dogs get out, they could sue you and your dogs could be put down.
They could take me to court for them not being confined but they can't be put down just because they make it over the line. Again it's never once happened through.
If they bite someone they can. I wouldn't potentially risk my dog's life like that. They're older dogs, ergo less patient and potentially crankier.
I would intervene before a bite is possible.
Locked Previous topicNext topic