If you don't like my dogs or the fact that I don't have a fence up... Don't walk past my house

Anonymous 1

Unread post

We have a new neighbor who moved in on the street. I hadnt even met her yet when her husband came to the door and asked if I would walk down to the street and talk to his wife. I was confused at first and had my husband come along because the whole thing felt weird.

We were told that the wife has a phobia of dogs. She doesnt like that we let our large dogs "run free". She walks up and down the street multiple times a day and it scares her. I explained to her that our dogs do not run free. We have an underground fence. My dogs are also well behaved so we probably dont even need it but we still have it anyway. In the 10 years we have had it we have never once had a dog escape

She said that it is rude to have dogs there without a barrier. At that point I was getting pretty irritated. My husband was visible annoyed also. I tried to tell her as politely as I could that my dogs were nice and things were not going to change. I told her if she would like to meet my dogs or if her husband wanted to that would be fine.

Then she started saying that if it is a money issue there could be programs out there. That is when my husband got angry. He told her that it wasnt a money issue and if she didnt like the dogs dont walk past our house because we would not be putting up a fence.

The lady went to say something but DH started walking away and so did I.

I can not believe the audacity of some people. I really didn't think shit like this happens in real life, only on MC. I really feel bad for her husband because he looked so embarrassed. I'm just glad I have security cameras.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

IF your dogs ever broke that invisible fence (and I have seen several in my day - even the "best" dogs) be rest assured they will bury you in court.
She is free to walk past your house on county / city property all she wants.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree with jas. My dog is also well behaved but I am fully aware she can be enticed by a bunny or squirrel and would barrel right past an underground fence. Even the best dogs ever can be led astray.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Well, your neighbor's tried, and now it's up to you and your husband to do some hoping and praying even, that your well-behaved dogs don't behave like....well...dogs some day.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

That's an accident waiting to happen. Invisible fences are terrible.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Sure
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yeah.. those underground fences are not foolproof. My cousin's dogs- French Bulldog and Great Dane get out of every underground fence they have...for years.
I hope for all of your sakes that nothing happens because if your dogs get out, they could sue you and your dogs could be put down.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 1

Unread post

jas wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:59 am IF your dogs ever broke that invisible fence (and I have seen several in my day - even the "best" dogs) be rest assured they will bury you in court.
She is free to walk past your house on county / city property all she wants.
I'm not worried about it. It has never happened once. IF they broke the line then they would have the right to take me to court for my dogs not being confined.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:05 pm I agree with jas. My dog is also well behaved but I am fully aware she can be enticed by a bunny or squirrel and would barrel right past an underground fence. Even the best dogs ever can be led astray.
I'm not worried about it. Again I've had my dogs for 10 years with no issue with the fence. They have never gone past it once ever.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:27 pm Yeah.. those underground fences are not foolproof. My cousin's dogs- French Bulldog and Great Dane get out of every underground fence they have...for years.
I hope for all of your sakes that nothing happens because if your dogs get out, they could sue you and your dogs could be put down.
They could take me to court for them not being confined but they can't be put down just because they make it over the line. Again it's never once happened through.
Locked Previous topicNext topic