I'm kicking my daughter out the day she turns 19

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I wish I could do it before then but 19 is the age of majority where I live (NE) so I legally can't before then. She has a horrible attitude. As soon as she turned 18 she decided to act like an adult. Due to shitty state laws she can pretty much do anything she wants at 18 but at the end of the day she is still legally considered a minor so I can't kick her out.

She can go out and do whatever she wants and isn't considered a run away. She can go out drinking on private property and the police won't do shit. She can come home drunk at all hours of the night and call the police to make it so I let her back in (something she has done before). She can move out anytime she wants for how long as she wants but still come back and I have to let her in because again legally she is a minor.

She essentially wants to act like an adult in all ways except actually having to support herself. This all started when she started hanging out with a new boyfriend and his group of friends. His parents let him do anything. They buy him as much alcohol as he wants. They let him host as many parties as he wants.

I am not saying my daughter is an angel, all her decisions and actions are her own and her fault. I just always thought she would be smart enough to not get with a loser and then act like a loser herself

I have never been more excited for her birthday. I have told her exactly what happens if she can't follow the rules (that she wont even attempt to follow). If you told me a year ago that this would happen I would laugh in your face because my daughter was so good back then.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Surely there is some type of program for troubled youth she can go to? Since she is still a minor can't you make her?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

The 🍎 doesn't fall far from the 🎄.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:11 am Surely there is some type of program for troubled youth she can go to? Since she is still a minor can't you make her?
She could just take off and there would be nothing I could do about it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:13 am The 🍎 doesn't fall far from the 🎄.
Wow. I have never acted like she does in my whole life.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

So your daughter is beginning to get into life altering trouble, sometimes deadly trouble and your answer is to wash your hands of it?
Anonymous 5

Unread post

LOL hi bumpy!
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

I say we all get together and form a coalition to kick you off this site.

At this point, it just seems like you’re trying to sabotage the whole group. Like you’re doing your best to ruin things here…
Anonymous 5 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:09 amLOL hi bumpy!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I hope I never get to this point with any of my children…I love them so much. It is hard to imagine such a fractured relationship, where they would not be welcome in my home.

But I know I have not walked in your shoes, I hope you find peace and repair the relationship in the future! Nothing wrong with young adults getting their own place.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:07 am So your daughter is beginning to get into life altering trouble, sometimes deadly trouble and your answer is to wash your hands of it?
I can't control her actions outside of my house. I have tried literally everything. Talking to her, having family and friends talk to her, contacting therapists and counselors. I have contacted more programs to help than I can even remember. I've reached out to hundreds of people. I've called the police and other authorities for help and advice. There is nothing anyone can do unless she wants to make the choices to help herself.

I am in therapy over this because it has been so hard. All I can do is focus on making sure that her actions stop impacting my younger kids.
Locked Previous topicNext topic